Norfolk Wherry Brass go 'green'

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by The Wherryman, Oct 7, 2009.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Norfolk Wherry Brass are delighted to announce that they have moved to a new rehearsal venue at The Victory Hall, Neatishead.

We played at the recent opening ceremony of the premises, which are described as 'one of the most eco-friendly village halls anywhere', and were subsequently invited to make the hall our home.

As the hall is a 'new build', designed with performances in mind, which offers better lighting, space and acoustic qualities than we had at our previous premises, we welcomed the opportunity.

We would like to thank the community at Smallburgh for their support during the past 5 years and we now look forward to a fruitful partnership with the parishes of Neatishead, Barton Turf and Irstead in this new and exciting venture.

Rehearsals are each Tuesday, 7.30 - 9.30pm, refreshments at 8.30pm and new players (and guests) are always made very welcome. PM me if you'd like to come along or drop in if you're passing.
  2. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

For a moment there I was imagining Norfolk Wherry Brass had somehow managed to harness all that hot air and blowing energy and were suppling your village with free electricity.
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Are you saying Geoff is full of hot air Messy? :D
  4. The Wherryman

Aren't you due for another sabbatical in France, Steve? :)

Here's a piccy of us at our first rehearsal in our new home.

Attached Files:

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Can't afford France again for many a year I fear. It may have to be Norfolk next year. You seem to be a bass or two short in the piccy (must be a contender for grandest bandroom in the Country) so maybe I should call in for a blow :)
  6. Wow, I am envious. My school band numbers fifty plus, and we are crowded.
  7. The Wherryman

Norfolk's a very nice place to take a holiday (and to live) but don't tell everyone!

We were a bit short last night, as several players were still at work and came in later on. We've got two Eb basses but only one BBb (who drove back all the way from Manchester to get to the rehearsal), so if you'd like to swap instruments, Steve, we'd be delighted to have you (no biblical reference there, though :rolleyes: ).

ISB, sounds like you're a bit 'green' too. But a band of 50? I wish.

But it's a great place to play. We're hoping to be able to put on some (small) concerts there, once we get settled. The local community have made us really welcome.
  8. This is a wind band. Two years ago I met with them for the first time, and there were eight students, four of them were drummers, and two had experience. We are at fifty two now, and should be around seventy next year. Still inexperienced, but growing in every way.
  9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

methane gas...
  10. Not good for the environment!!
  11. The Wherryman

That's a lot of old bull...
  12. Had a good blow last night. Certainly generated some hot air in my little corner. It realy is a great place to play, you can hear all the bits you get wrong (if that is good!) Underfloor heating means I might keep toasty toes thro' the winter, oh bliss!
  13. The Wherryman

It's always good to see you, Karen. Glad you enjoyed the evening.

All this cosseting is hardly good preparation for the outdoor carolling that will be coming up soon!!!
  14. You'll be on your own for that I'm afraid Geoff, I believe I'm cleaning my cornet that day!
  15. Nijinsky

Nijinsky New Member

Well i'll sleep easy tonight...
  16. The Wherryman

Another gem straight from the horse's a*se :rolleyes: