'Non Major' Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by DublinBass, Nov 9, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Why is it that to find out ahead of time which bands will be playing at contests like Pontins, Butlins, Folkestone, Leischestershire (sp?),Hardraw Scar, etc... is nearly impossible?

If I knew what bands were attending these (as a spectator), I might be more interested in going.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Why not start a tMP thread for each contest where you would like to know this - asking for those who plan on attending that event to post in it... ?
  3. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

doesn't that sort of happen anyway.?
  4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Our band will be at LEICESTER CONTEST on Sunday 21st

GRESLEY OLD HALL 1st Section.
    Adjudicators are
    Not yet made our mind up what we are going to play yet will make choice tonight:)
  5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Threads like that are better than nothing, but when those threads start, they quickly turn into discussions about how much fun it was last year and next year...whose not going...and there are usually multiple responses from the same band, so it is often disorganise.

I wish I could just go to the contest body organisation's website and see the list.
    Perhaps along the line of the thread I'll try to encourage a tally be kept at the bottom of the posts or something...hmmm
  6. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

As has been pointed out, this usually happens (although it's kind of random).

Maybe there should be a subforum (? terminology) under "The Auditorium" just for this type of post, so that we'd all know where to look.

I saw BBCBari's question as more directed toward contest organizers putting out a list of participating groups before a contest so that perhaps those who might not otherwise know could find out who had entered.
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I just wonder whether sometimes contest organisers are a little reluctant to post attendees too early in case they get a lot of bands withdrawing nearer the time.
  8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Perhaps bands would be less likely to withdraw if everyone knew they had entered.

I'm sure that there is some sort of reasonable time before the contest when such a list could be published.
  9. It would also be useful 2 know how many bands were in your section so u wld know how log the contest itself wld be likely 2 last 4!
  10. boover

boover Member

7 bands will compete in the Championship section at treorchy on Saturday 13th November.

They are Mid Rhondda, Treherbert, Tongwynlais, BTM, Ammanford, Parc and Dare and Burry Port.

I'm sorry i dont know the other sections so someone else can help me out but i do know there is a junior section happening as well as sections 1-4 and Championship.

If anyone wants to go it is a very 'fun' contest ( especially for the 4th sections who can be seen in the swan pub for most of the day ) starts early in the morning until late at night.

see you there