Non Bad Press for Brass Band Shock!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Will the Sec, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Nice to see Brass Bands getting a positive press on the BBC for a change.
  2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I feel that we need to ensure that the other side of this is properly represented in the thread. I am therefore sending an email to the BBC advising of the shock/horror/disgust at certain band(s) not being in the frame.

In addition I will be writing to both the BBC and ITV to seek an arrangement where the contest is televised, ala a reality show, and that although the judges will give their scores, there will be an additional public phone vote. The judges positioning of bands, will then be given scores, and the public vote will also gain scores based on the number of votes cast. This will then go a long way to getting the most popular ensembles, with the biggest following, a "fairer" chance of achieving a higher position.

Quite surprised that no one has thought of this already, and the additional revenue generated from the premium rate calls could then be used to fund a new registry.

Back on Topic.

A very positive outlook which gives the brass band fraternity something to be joyous about. Congrats to Fodens on an historic win :)