Nominations : Web Site of the Month : May 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Nominations now being taken for Web Site of the Month for May 2007.

Please remember to follow the Wom Nomination guidelines. :)
  2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

They need to reduce the file size of the image on their home page !!
  4. GingerMaestro

Why would that be it loads alright for everyone I know who has been on the site.

As I am the person who created the site and I don't have a particulary fast PC if it loads ok for me then it should load no problem for anyone else unless you know something I don't. Either way I would apreciate your sugestions
  5. Di

Di Active Member

The size of the image itself has been made smaller, ie 550 x 369 px, but is a huge 2600.54kb. This took 54 seconds to load on my pc and it's a pretty quick one too.

Your other photo's on the next page for instance though are 640 x 480 px but only 42.01kb.
  6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

It's 2,5 MB!!! way too big... Even at work (very fast broadband internet) it takes almost 20 seconds just to load this single image...
    Here you can find a very good and free software program to resize images:
  7. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Once loaded, it will probably remain cached somewhere on your machine until you clear your temporary internet files.

As Jan has said, it's 2,5 MB in size.. it should be less than 500Kb really.

Graphic packages such as PhotoShop come with "Save for Web" functionality, which show typical download times for images based on modem speed.

The rest of the site looks ok, fairly typical band website.
  8. GingerMaestro

I take your comments on board and will look into ammending them

Cheers Guys:tup
  9. spufferoo

spufferoo Member

I'd like to nominate the Lofthouse 2000 band website. It has had a bit of a facelift, still a few bits to go but I think you will get the gist.
  10. Caz Clay

Caz Clay New Member

seconded!! a great (and drunk!!) yorkshire brass band with an informative and easy to follow site!!
  11. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Probably Yorkshires drunkest band????
    Interesting tag line....

Nice site though!
  12. blueorange

blueorange Member

I'd like to nominate The Oldham Band (Lees) website. There are still a few players profiles to add but it's getting there!
  13. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

I nominate the Aveley & Newham website:

Also, please join the mailing list online if you would like to recieve updates on the band (available from 24/04/07 pm)
  14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

15. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I nominate the Chalgrove Band website:

Webmaster has changed recently and he has been doing a sterling Job!!
  16. winterman

winterman Member

I'll second that.. nice looking, good quality website.
  17. beccawheeze2

beccawheeze2 Member

18. GingerMaestro

I'll Second that Becky.

Take a look at ours and maybe we can get both West Mercia (Click Here) and Cubbington in the vote off
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Something's changed Martin, but the picture has become more unclear and has managed to increase rather than decrease in size. It is now 3420.11 kB (3502190 bytes)! Before opening this page, I cleared my cache. It took 3 minutes 24 seconds to load the picture on the home page.
  20. dyl

dyl Active Member

And you waited that long? :confused:

I'm sorry Martin, but any site that has an image that takes that much time to load has lost me as a visitor - there's no way I'd hang around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.