Nominations : Web Site of the Month : July 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyl

dyl Active Member

That may be so, but a site needs promoting - simply sticking it up on the web isn't enough. You've made a huge step in getting it noticed here on tMP, but then by the same means you need to get yourself a reliable hosting account - as it's one thing promoting a site, but the site also needs to be accessible as close to 100% of the time as is possible! Can I suggest you send John aka TheMusicMan a private message - he offers very favourable hosting terms here on tMP - as I'm sure his current clients will testify - what better place to host your site than on the dedicated server used to host tMP?

As for this month's Website of the Month award, I'm afraid the site has to be accessible on the day we compile our shortlist (which is usually the first day of each month) and has to "stay active for the whole month.".

Good luck in sorting the problem out, I look forward to seeing the site!

2. athompson1989

athompson1989 New Member

Our host is a genuine and (usually) reliable source, the website is now fully functioning as it is usually, it was a minor problem yesterday, as you said in the previous post it has to be working at the beginning of the month July, and it is working now, does that still rule the site out of this months competition?

Andrew

3. Di

Di Active Member

Each time I've viewed it over the last few days, it appears to have been working OK, I've had no problems at all. So long as this remains the case, then no, it won't be ruled out of the nominations for July. However, don't forget that once nominated, a site must also be seconded before it can be considered for the poll.

Good luck. :)

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Not wishing to influence the nominations or voting this month but have a look at the state of our band-room on our Gallery Page click> here.

The band room is some 12 to 15 ft above the nearby Worsborough Dam, unfortunately it rose 17ft and the band room was flooded to a height of 2ft inside.

At last night's rehearsal we took everything out, throw away all the carpets, took off the wall paper, scrapped numerous kit items and loads of cases were u/s - instruments ok just a bit muddy and full of water. Worst damage was to music both in stored library and pads. My music is now at home drying out on the kitchen floor. Next few rehearsals will be at alternative venues until it's dried out.

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about that, but surely theres another thread about rain/flooding elsewhere on the forum that wont influence anything......!! ;)

6. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

That is terrible Tubafran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.