Nominations : Web Site of the Month : August 2008

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Nominations now being taken for the Web Site of the Month, August 2008.

Please remember the WoM Nomination Guidelines. :)
  2. bigcol

bigcol Member

I'd like to nominate my band's website.

The site is fairly new, and has lots of information on it, in a nice design based around the 'colliery' theme of the band. There's plenty on there from history, gallery, videos, results, news and more.
  3. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Don't suppose someone would like to second my site: ?

Lot's of useful free stuff on the oft neglected subject of music practice - and eventually I'll get round to the ensemble rehearsal techniques that I've been saving up, they'll be useful for banders everywhere!

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Mike

Can't get this page to open? :-? I've tried in both firefox and IE and it won't open in either.
  5. rutty

rutty Active Member

That's a really good-looking site. I'll second that no problem.

So you're a web designer too? You have a really good eye for design - I especially like the look of your personal site :)
  6. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

7. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Wouldn't you know it??!? The minute I posted this my hosting provider had an outage for a couple of hours. This happened a couple of months back as well.

I've now switched to a new host with an uptime guarantee and my own server so hopefully no more outages from now on. Should be up if anyone wants a look.
  8. catto09

catto09 Member

I'd like to Nominate
    May not be the greatest website - but it is slightly better than some of the websites that have been seen on here, and professionally built
  9. bigcol

bigcol Member

I'm a developer not a designer, I find design quite hard to do so you've really made my day :)
  10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Spelling mistakes and poor grammar spoil it. ( Most likely typing errors).
  11. andreab

andreab Member

Yes I'll second that

12. Di

Di Active Member

I'm sorry, but as this was nominated for the July web site of the Month, it needs to sit out for one month, as per the guidelines
    before being nominated again. Please feel free to nominate it for September. :tup
  13. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

Did I vote in the wrong place? just voted for July website of the month but granitecitybrass site was not one of the options.
  14. Di

Di Active Member

No, you're in the right place. A nomination needs to be seconded before it can be considered for the poll. Unfortunately, the Granite City site wasn't seconded.
  15. Frontman

Frontman Member

I will gladly second the Granite City Brass site. It is straight to the point but has some very good rankings and contest history. Well done.
  16. <nickw>

<nickw> Member

I'd like to nominate for their live streams of the English nationals and All english masters, and many more brass concerts.

If anyone would like to second me?
  17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'll second that
  18. Tazzle McDazzle

Tazzle McDazzle New Member

I'll second the How to Practise site. I certainly haven't seen anything covering this subject before and there's lots of useful info for people who need practise, like me!
  19. catto09

catto09 Member

It's not getting the option of the vote this month. Would be greatful if you could second it next month though???
  20. chill

chill Member

Can I nominate Sandhurst Band please
    Appreciate a non band member seconding for me please
    Our band chairman has put a huge amount of work into our site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.