Nominations : Web Site of the Month : April 2008

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Nominations now being taken for the Web Site of the Month, April 2008.

Please remember the WoM Nomination Guidelines. :)
  2. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Woodbridge Excelsior Band, since it's a while since we last were nominated
    and the site has had a massive makeover in the new year.

3. bigcol

bigcol Member

I'd like to nominate the Northern Regional website.

Scott has done a great job on this and it is great that we finally have all the information in one place for the North of England Areas.
  4. athompson1989

athompson1989 New Member

I'm quite liking some of the things on there!
  5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Definatley, I'll second that
  7. Brass Band

Brass Band New Member

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hmmm ...... your links page looks surprisingly familiar to that on IBEW. :rolleyes:
  9. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I will go one further and suggest it was directly copied - the pages for bands where their info is hosted by IBEW even have the same page name - this is is out of order whoever you are!!

You even had the cheek to post a message of good luck to Gavin on the award thread!!
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. Brass Band

Brass Band New Member

Yes I did! and he deserves his award.

Yes you are correct it is copied and acknowledged!!!

how exactly would you prefer a link to be to be displayed????? in PINK!

if you look at the rest of the site you will see plenty of UNIQUE content that is qwritten by me.
  11. athompson1989

athompson1989 New Member

Its a very confusing site, you cant move for advertisments, and if im not mistaken its a dreamweaver 8 template being used, sorry if im wrong by the way.
  12. Brass Band

Brass Band New Member

no it's fine and your right.
  13. Brass Band

Brass Band New Member

looks like i'll have to do a bit of work to get up to the standards you chaps require.
    anyway thamks for the coments - the constructive ones in any case
  14. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Not acknowledged on the page of links I am looking at. More to the point, did Gavin give you permission to copy his work? It is not enough to copy and acknowledge - permission needs to be sought.
    Not sure what the pink comment is about - I don't recall mentioning link colours.
    I'm not quite sure why one would want to copy what is already there to be frank - most of the webmasters who have been around a while actually stopped doing extensive links pages and linked simply to the IBEW.
    A lot of the pages are "coming soon" type pages.
    It's not a site I would choose to visit when the IBEW is already my key site for such information - sorry if that's not what you want to hear!
  15. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

16. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I think you were lucky there were any constructive ones. Theft is theft. Now chartities trying to get their work out may not mind so much and encourage that but it is a waste of bandwidth to copy a site. Unnecessary.

A long way to go? Try some original content.

Dr. Jim
  17. bigcol

bigcol Member

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/ PHP/5.2.2 Server at Port 80
  18. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Looks like we put the site over the limit. Perhaps we shouldn't look at it anymore.

Dr. Jim
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

My usual yardstick applies - I ain't voting for any site that doesn't have a link to tMP.
  20. Rodney

Rodney Member

I'd like to nominate my own bands' web-site, We've just returned from the Australian Nationals in Brisbane over Easter and were rewarded with 3rd place in B grade. Not too shabby at all considering we have only been promoted for the last 6 or 7 months.

Have a look, sure some-one will second :tup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.