Nominations : Web Site of the Month : April 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Nominations now being taken for Web Site of the Month for April 2007.

Please remember to follow the Wom Nomination guidelines. :)

2. Shed_Builder1

Shed_Builder1 New Member

i believe that carlton main frickleys new look site should be nominated, alot of extensive work has been done on it recently and it is starting to look excellent.

check it out

www.carltonmain.co.uk

3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'd like to nominate (and have seconded) www.OhioBrassBands.com (hosted by the Central Ohio Brass Band) as I like the layout and graphics.

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'll second that. :tup Particularly like the photo of percussionist Mark Gregory! :biggrin:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's still missing a link to tMP though! ;)

6. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I'll Second that

As promised

7. Shed_Builder1

Shed_Builder1 New Member

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks! ;)

9. Bogtrotter

Bogtrotter Member

I concur - it is excellent :)

10. Shed_Builder1

Shed_Builder1 New Member

Do the winners each month throughout the year go into a head to head for the website of the year at the end of the year? so instead of a december website of the month it is voting for website of the year? i dont know as i am only new to tMP! sorry if this is a stupid suggestion or is already being done!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Wom
    Month
    Web Site
    Wom Nomination guidelines
    April
  12. Di

Di Active Member

We do indeed and no, it's not a silly question. :)

At the end of November each year we run the tMP Awards where members can make nominations in each of the categories and then we run a set of polls with those nominations. One poll, for which we obviously don't need nominations, is that for Web Site of the Year. For this we simply take the winners from December to November each year.

13. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

14. Shed_Builder1

Shed_Builder1 New Member

ill second that, good work with the website! thats me done all my nominating and seconding for this month now!

15. I'd like to nominate www.greatwesternyouth.com Reasons:
    - Animation
    - Up to date and including helpful details for other brass bands such as (we believe one of the only) youth band organisation constituions online
    - Photo galleries
    - 2 forums

16. winterman

winterman Member

I'll second that if you like.. nice to see such a strong presence from what looks like a strong group of youngsters.. hopefully both will grow side by side..

17. Thank you very much. Your supportive words are much appreciated. The organisation has only been going about 3 months under the new name and seperate from an organisation who limited our progress. I hope other bands around the country can see how we do things through the website too. We have youth band players (including me) on the committee, doing the website, talking to newspapers and applying for grants...
    I started making the website in Flash, but then thought it was better to stick to HTML so that other people could take over with it in the future without too much teaching.

18. jasdrum

jasdrum New Member

I would like to nominate Swindon Pegasus Brass website. The whole organisation is being revamped and working together to reach out to the wider community to promote the brass band movement in different ways. The website has been re-designed to be more informative and also promotes its Youth Band 'Swindon School of Brass'.

The link for our website is: www.swindonpegasus.com

19. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

I'll second that. A nice layout and I like the idea of reaching out to the 'wider community'

20. andy_the_trumpet

andy_the_trumpet New Member

21. andy_the_trumpet

andy_the_trumpet New Member

i also really like the way i spelt it!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Wom
    Month
    Web Site
    Wom Nomination guidelines
    April