Nominations: Award #2 - Funniest Thread - tMP Team Player Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by dyl, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Award #2 - Funniest Thread - tMP Team Player Award (awarded to the thread starter)

Please nominate which thread - in your opinion - has been the 'Funniest Thread' on tMP during the 12 months i.e. a complete thread.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear which thread you nominate. Please provide a link to the thread if possible. We need to be 100% clear about your choice.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM John, Roger, Dyl, Ian, Dinie, Peter, Neal or Rachel who will then add your nomination to the list.
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  3. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

^ I agree. What a laugh.
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

But the thread was started in 2003? :confused:

Will it count?
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Good point. We'll have to discuss that one.
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes it will. The award is for "'Funniest Thread' on tMP during the 12 months", so as long as the thread has been 'active' (ie. had posts made in it) within thew last 12 months, then we'd have no problem accepting the nomination!
  9. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

ok I am actually rubbish at decisions! I have two nominations for this award as well,

Hells_Trombone (Kate) and the rhyming thread, it was a great source of amusement and provided hours of entertainment!

Vickitorious (Vicki) and the What colour is a Pink J20? thread, this was a pointless thread because we all know Pink J20's are pink but it was good anyway, btw I still haven't had a reply back from Mr Britivic!
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I second this!! I can imagine a radio or T.V. series being formed around Mike Lyons and the ever inquisitive Yonhee's dialogue in this thread. You have to take time out to read it to appreciate what I mean .... strong characters oozing attitude and personality. I have let non-banders read this one and they adore it! Class Act (no pun intended .... and Yonhee, let Mike explain to you what 'pun' means! ;) ).
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

*sticks tongue out at evil brassneck* I know what a pun is! Possibly its like, erm, OK so I dont, Miiiiike?
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to nominate two if I may be so bold. Duncandisordely's agony aunt thread (titled "hello there") and the "famous people might have said" thread.

Unky-dunky has been quiet of late, maybe he's finally gone to the great horn section in the sky, as he was, lets face it no spring chicken ;) . But there are some quality posts in that thread.

And the "famous people might have said" thread is a prime example of tMP randomness.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Has to be Melph for the Which is the ugliest section thread. Even though it is poorly disguised pop at me and BigPhatBassBoy!
  14. I also vote for that thread.

You know the score Chunky. Kept your friends closer, your enemies even closer and Melph out of physical range.
  15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Wise words mate. Switzerland is just not far enough though!
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks folks. Can we keep this thread just for nominations please? You have other threads for your 'interesting' conversations! ;)
  17. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Agreed "hello there" was a classic thread!! Made me laugh SO much! :clap::biggrin:
  18. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

My Thread Nomination

I would like to nominate the following thread as the funniest this year -

it starts with what must be the funniest post about The Tollpuddle Conductor - but really gets going when Wambander gets involved - this thread is a joy to read, cutting remarks, smouldering sexual innuendo and extreme tongue-in-cheekiness.

Top thread this, should be jointly credited to Shaggy and Wambander. If Shaggy gets his finger out (excuse the innuendo there) he could win this hands down if he gets the rest of the conductor characters up too (oh mrs - sorry about that one too).
  19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And just to show that the humour bypass operation wasn't a complete success, I nominate Shaggy's 'A question for Conductors' where I was taken in somewhat and fell into the trap hook, line and sinker! ;)
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.