Nominations: Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Di, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Please nominate who - in your opinion - has been the 'Bandsperson of the Year' during the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear who you nominate and why. Please state the reasons why you are nominating this person - it may be that they've done an extraordinary amount of work for your local band and/or community, or it may be that they've undertaken a major project on behalf of your band. Please give as much information as you can as to why you are nominating this particular person - it can only help when it comes to voting! We need to be absolutely clear about your nomination and your reasons. We may also need to contact you or the person nominated to gather more information.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.

Please read the tMP Awards Guidelines before making your nominations.

Thank you and happy nominating. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

We received an anonymous nomination for Stuart Pullin
  3. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Seconded! Im glad I had the pleasure to know him.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Just a point of note here folks - for this award and all others - THERE IS NO NEED TO SECOND ANY NOMINATION - it is written clearly in the tMP Awards Guidelines for all to read. Please bear this in mind as we don't really fancy having to remind you all loads of times like we did last year! ;)
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

seconded, dyl ;)
    instead of seconding previous nominations, why don't don't you try and think of some other people who may be worthy of this award... Just to make the voting a bit more interesting :)
  6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I'd like to nominate Malcolm Lewis for his ongoing work with the Shanklin Brass Band.

Starting from nothing, Malcolm and his cohorts have secured a musical future for the area, instilling in young people of the area the disciplines required to learn to play, the commitment to belonging to an organisation where you can make friends of all ages, and allowing them grow as individuals. (And getting a commitment from them to get up before some people have gone to bed in order to get to contests on time!)
  7. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Id like to nominate Philip Sparke, for his unerring commitment to the brass band movement over 30 years. Not only that, but Music for Battle Creek was an excellent choice of piece for the RAH this year- and he should be commended for his ability to write masterpiece after masterpiece. He is an ambassador for the brass band movement, and is always happy to put his views across in a polite and friendly way to anyone that asks this of him.
  8. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I would like to add my vote for Philip Sparke, a proper world reknown composer who is comitted to brass bands.
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Steve - this is not a voting thread, and as Philip Sparke has already been nominated once there's no need to do so again. Feel free to nominate someone else, or otherwise wait til lthe voting threads open on December 2nd to submit your vote.
  10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

As he's announced his retirement.

I would like to nominate Peter Roberts for his outstanding contribution not only this year, but over several years.

If Peter wins it then perhaps we could get him a carriage clock for the mantlepiece. :)
  11. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Secon... I mean... I erm..... no, it's nothing. I wasn't saying anything. Honestly. :rolleyes:
  12. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

I would like to nominate Robert Morgan, he has just acheived 50 years service with Lydbrook band, for a lot of that time as Secretary and Principle cornet. He is also Chairman of the BFBB for which he gives up countless hours of his time serving the Brass band movement, and he is also a keen supporter of the of the GBBA and has been for many years.
    Nobody i know works as hard and as passionatly for the brass band world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.