Nominations: Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leisa

leisa Active Member

oooooooooh i want to nominate 3 but i dont think i can do that?!
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Leisa, there's nothing in the rules to say you're restricted to only one nomination, so nominate away! But when it comes round to voting in the polls, you'll have to decide which one you're going to vote for! ;)
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

Cool, ok

firstly (in no particular order) id like to nominate 1. Brighouse and Rastrick! because of their performance at brass in concert and winning cos hopefully thats the first of many!!

second 2. YBS Cos i reckon they have done brill considering they have lost sposership they still sound ace and have continued to keep a full band throughout their contest performances.

3rd-ley i would like to nominate my band United Yorkshire Co-op cos they have had a rough couple of years regarding contest results and seem to be on the up at the moment having got a few brilliant results within a couple of months :biggrin: !!
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

oh oh just remembered i have a frth nomination!!

i would als like to nominte 4th. Flixton brass band....because over thge past 5 yeasr or s i think they have done a brilliant job of rebuliding the band and in the past year they have had some acw contest results gotten purely on the basis of hard work. having seen some of tier rehearsals they are possibly the most hardworking band i know of and they truely deserve the results they have gottne!! :clap:
  5. impycornet

impycornet Member

1 'Has' has an 'H' in it
    2 The 'Mills' part went about 10 years ago

6. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

[/Retract Claws]

7. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

They were fabulous when they won the World Brass Band Competition at Kerkrade in 2005.
  8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

They were incredible...except for the fact Tres etoiles won ;)
  9. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

About their placement in Kerkrade, I stand corrected.

(Oh, wait a minute--that's the other thread--about basses standing for solos...)
  10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I would like to nominate Brisbane Excelsior.

In 2006 they visted the UK to take part in the Masters where they achieved a top 10 placing.

Also during the visit they played concerts around the UK culminating with joint concert with Leyland Band.

The tour was made possible by a massive fund raising effort on behalf of the band. Whilst all the fund raising was going on they still managed to keep their fantatstic playing going by retaining the Australian National Championships.

On top of all that they are a terrific bunch of people too! (even if they are stuffing us at cricket!)
  11. Bobbi's girl

Bobbi's girl Member

I'll second that - Yorkshire Champions, Tameside Champions & NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - let's hope Dod'orth cna carry on their success in 3rd section next year!:clap:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.