Nominations: Award #16 - Best new music of the last 12 months - tMP Musician Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Award #16 - Best new music of the last 12 months - tMP Musician Award

Please nominate who - in your opinion - has produced the best new piece of music and should be the recipient of 'tMP Musician Award' for the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear who and which piece of music you nominate.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.
  2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Hymn for Africa - Peter Meechan
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Satrpialo, arranged by Dave Payn for my wedding.

Dave had the Georgian visitors agog with this marvellous reminder of home.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Wilby - 'Vienna Nights'
  5. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Phil Harper's 'Water of Tyne'. Lovely slow music!:clap:
  6. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

It's actually GORGEOUS!

And the Royal Game I thought was very clever! :biggrin:
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I'll second that. Created a very interesting Open this year.
  8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

"A Suffolk Prelude", composed by Andrew Duncan for us at Ipswich. We have been playing it throughout the year whilst we have sole rights to it but from the new year you all get the chance! It is a fab piece and one that Andy himself believes is one of his best! You can hear it on our cd entitled, strangely "A Suffolk Prelude".
  9. Di

Di Active Member

I'm very surprised no one has yet nominated Philip Sparke's Dances and Alleluias. So I nominate Mr Sparke for this piece, a most enjoyable composition, both from a players and audience point of view. :clap:
  10. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

Seconded... Great piece!!:clap:
  11. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

The Promised Land Downie brilliant piece
  12. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

I'll second Peter Meechans Hymn for Africa, simple but stunning.
  13. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Was going to say Vienna Nights but its been voted for already, so will go with Peter Meechans 'Devils Duel'. I think it was written for David Thornton? I saw the premiere of it in May and it was fabulous.
  14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'll nominate "A New Day" by Andrea Crossley (a baritone solo written for Rob Richardson)
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Another piece I would like to nominate was premiered by Grimey at the RNCM Festival Of Brass this year ... Hommage a' W.A. Mozart (Torstein Aagaard-Nilsen) which wouldn't look out of place inside Vienna Nights (Philip Wilby). Inventive and progressive writing!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.