Nominations: Award #15 - Band CD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Award #15 - Band CD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award

Please nominate which banding CD - in your opinion - should be the recipient of the 'CD of the Year' award - the 'tMP Gramophone Award' for the last 12 months NB. please only nominate CDs released in the period Nov '05 to Nov '06, and please do not nominate Solo CDs - there is a separate award category for those!

Please ensure you make absolutely clear which CD you nominate.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2006
  2. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

ybs festive impressions,fantastic playing,great arrangments,the it.
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'll nominate "Gifted Leadership" the new march CD by the Brass Band of Columbus. Some not so oft heard marches, a fantastic reference book included and some fine playing.
  4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Black Dyke, A Golden Year
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

BAYV Band (Bob Childs)- The Lighter Side Of Elgar Howarth. I just bought this CD today and the band performs brilliantly on concert material first brought on the scene by Grimey in the '70s. If you have to buy something for Xmas, it has to be this album! :cool: :tup
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I was considering nominating this one, but I shall now think of something else ;)

I'd certainly recommend it, and for me many of the performances even top the Grimethorpe originals. It may have come out a little late in the year to do well in the voting as not many will have heard it, but it would certainly be a great present for someone with an interest in music and a lively sense of fun :)
  7. dawny

dawny Member

Gresley Colliery Band HERITAGE !!! in my opinion its ace
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

yep count me in on that one as well:clap:
  9. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

If we can nominate our own, the Ipswich & Norwich Co op's "A Suffolk Prelude". It received a good review on 4 bars rest and air time on Radio 2's Listen to the Band recently.
  10. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

The new BBA CD - Into Africa

11. 1st Position

1st Position Member

The Deep - East Yorkshire Motor Services Brass Band. Something for everyone but Santa Claus.
  12. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

The Heaton Collection - Vol.4

A superb conclusion to this series. Dyke are imho awesome and the music is stunning, especially Variations. Then there's Martin Winter; what an amazing player.
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to nominate "Twenty supreme years", from Eikanger Bjorsvik and Howard Snell. Despite a few reservations I have voiced elsewhere over the unnatural spotlighting of certain sections - the percussion in particular - it nevertheless contains some stunning playing and varied and attractive repertoire.
  14. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Can I nominte Sunburst - The Music of Darrol Barry performed by the Fodens Richardson Band and conducted by Mike Fowles.

It features three of Darrols Concerti - flugel, baritone and tuba and includes lots of new original works for band.

Cheers Rach
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- great writing and some great playing on this album ... it's in with a chance!
  16. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Ill go for that a cd of just world class playing a must have in my opinion
  17. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Long Eaton's "A Century of Music" !!:clap:
  18. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

"Building Bridges" - Aveley & Newham.
  19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Twenty Supreme years - Eikanger
    hearing the band again after tales and stories and art of the states , Eikanger have given us a brilliant cd of the skill of Howard Snell's arrangements , brilliant production , great band and conductor on top form.
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Already nominated ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.