No-stars brass - Glossop Bandroom

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by strongbow, Nov 10, 2005.

1. strongbow

strongbow Member

Each year Glossop Band host the All Star Band Christmas/New Year charity concert and for the past few years I have organised a 'No-Stars brass' charity concert the following week.

The terms "no-stars" is not meant to be insulting and players of previous bands have included Alan Morrison on Principal cornet, players from Versatile Brass, Leyland, Sellers International, Grimethorpe, YBS, Besses, Glossop to name but a few. The only criteria is that you don't play for All Star Band the previous week.

Unfortunately this year I will be unable to organise it and am looking for a volunteer to arrange the No-stars concert in Glossop Bandroom on Sunday 8th January at 8pm. This will involve co-ordinating the players and conductor, picking the programme and organising the music for the night.

I can volunteer the services of my other half Jeff (Baritone) and myself (flugel or cornet). If you are interested please email me at janet.lewis@manchester.ac.uk or send me a PM.

I will post details of the All Star Concert on the 30th December 2005, such as ticket prices etc, as soon as I have them.

Many thanks:)

Strongbow

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Times New Roman
    Glossop Bandroom
    Glossop Band
    No-Stars
    All Star Band Christmas
  3. strongbow

strongbow Member

Sorry to 'bump' this one but are there no takers out there?