No more txt when hovering...!!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by BbBill, May 23, 2006.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Have yous stopped the wee txt appearing when you hover the mouse over the title of the thread? It was really handy to have a quick look see what the start of the thread was about, and if I was interested in the topic to go on and actually open it, please put it back!!! My connection is slow enough just now without waiting to more open pages, when I couldve seen what its about from hovering over the title.....!!!! ;)
  2. gawber

gawber Active Member

I noticed that too but I thought it was just my computer acting up as my page also mysteriously swapped itself from tMP blue to tMP clean.
  3. timbloke

timbloke Member

I also have become frustrated by the missing text-whilst-hovering function. It makes choosing what to read much easier.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm sure John will explain things when he sees this, but I've a feeling this is temporary whilst the reasons for the problems we've been having lately are recognised. I know there have been a number of things being switched-off to see if they affect performance, so I expect that's what's happening here.

Agree that it was very useful though, and would like it to be enabled again, provided it's not the source of the problem that is! ;)
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes, it was really handy and I really miss it.
    Without it, having to open each individual thread to get the gist is really irritating.
    Please re instate this facility if at all possible.

- Wilky
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Much as I hate me too replies, "me too" :tongue:
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yes, this was temporaily turned off whle we attempt to identify the recent performance issues we're experiencing. I didn't know so many people used this and have turned it back on for ya!

8. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

It really is appreciated.
    It's a great facility that I wish a lot more websites would use.
    Thanks very much for your swift response.
    - Wilky
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thank Goodness it's back :clap:

Never realised how much I relied on this feature until it wasn't there! :oops: