No Blue Widescreen?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by BbBill, Mar 9, 2008.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Whats happened to the Blue Widescreen format John? Doesnt seem to be there anymore.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blue Widescreen
    John
    Blue Widescreen format John
    Whats
    Doesnt
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I lost it too but have been able to find the other one instead

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well spotted Wilie, I was wondering how long it would take before someone posted.

I am sort of experimenting - as part of an analysis of 'how to move forward with tMP' if you will. It is very difficult to manage tMP with so many styles being available. Not just when there are upgrades to the software available, but when I amend any code or functionality - I have to do this for each individual style, and it has become very time consuming. So, what I am considering is a move to a single, specific style, which will then allow me to carry out more regular software upgrades - thus providing more functionality to members and the team, more readily and far more frequently.

Presently I hold back on upgrades to about once a year, despite there being several upgrade releases by vB throughout the year. Not only does this limit the functionality we can offer, but as by the time we are ready to upgrade, vB has already gone through several versions more than I have upgraded, I then tend to have to use the services of a vB expert to carry out the upgrades for me because it involves far more than just upgrading the software - it involves upgrading the plethora of bespoke code we have running on tMP. This costs money... :)

So, all in all, I was wondering which style to drop, and to see what the reaction was when I did so. Apologies you were the first to report it, but hopefully you can see where I am trying to get to.

Nice one Andy... tMP Clean yeah..?

Not too sure which way I will move forward with the whole tMP style issue. I am also inclined to use an easily modified version of the default vB style, but customised slightly so as to make it different enough from the default. This would help massively when upgrading etc, and would make life far more simple for me, and would provide regular additional functionality for members too.

As you have both replied here, I'd be very interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

To be honest, if you give me a choice, I'll make one - if you don't, then I would use it as is - no problem!

6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I've always used Blue Widescreen as well. Given a choice I'd prefer to go back to it, but I'm not going to get that upset ...

7. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Not too bothered about styles as long as they're (a) widescreen and (b) not garishly coloured.

Currently using tMP Clean Widescreen...

Andy

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'd spotted it too and posted here.

I'm using tMP New Blue at the moment, I'd prefer the widescreen version of it personally, rather than the narrow version.

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Dave

Sorry for missing your post. As you have by now probably read, I am considering the best way to reduce the number of active styles here on tMP and to focus on a single consolidated style. I can assure you though that I will be able to offer a narrow and wide version of whichever style we adopt going forward.

Amending style is always an issue, especially when people have become used to the way things are. You know how it is... "we don't like change" etc... but I really do need to resolve this item so I can focus on moving forward.