NNEMBA Results!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sparkling_quavers, Feb 2, 2003.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Fourth Section (8 bands)
    1. Bakewell Silver
    2. Matlock
    3. Long Eaton
    4. Dronfield

Third Section (3 bands)
    1. Carlton Brass
    2. Shirland WT
    3. Audley Brass

Second Section (6 bands)
    1. Silk Brass
    2. Blidworth
    3. Snibston/Desford Colliery

First Section (2 bands)
    1. United co-op (crewe)
    2. Riddings

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Results
    NNEMBA
    Bakewell Silver 2
    Matlock 3
    Long Eaton 4
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thanks for the results Rachel.

Congratulations to all the winning bands.

Just as a matter of interest who was adjudicating the different sections.

4. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hope you enjoyed it Rach - I had fun playing Northern Landscapes :wink:

Didn't get to see any other bands myself, had to nip off home to take the misses to ASDA :cry: So, all you Mouthpiecers out there missed out on the communal Diet Coke. Sorry 8)

Well done to Silk Brass then Heather - shame I couldn't stay to listen.

5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

barry thompson and stan did all the sections. also..............
    bestsop crewe co op
    best top man shirland wt
    best horn crewe co op
    best euph blidworth
    best tombone Long Eaton (hurrah!!)
    best basses crewe co op
    best perc matlock

6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

well done to all the bands that took part. There were some good performances in all sections. Let's hope that everyone represents the Midlands well at the areas.

Well done Shaz....(and yes I did actually come out of the bar to have a listen to some of the bands!).

Congratualtions to you Dave as well...all 3 performances in the 3rd section were very impressive I thought. Should be a good competition in a few weeks!

7. rutty

rutty Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was going to be close - nice to win for sure. Still plenty of work to go before the area, especially in the third movement, but it's given us a good confidence boost.

And well done Shaz - third is pretty good going behind those other two. Didn't get to hear you sadly.

8. satchmo shaz

thanks rutty and sparkling quavers :) ......... still plenty of work to do in the next few weeks !!

9. solo_euph

solo_euph Member

:evil: Those outher two!!! the points show that the gap betwen Bakewell & Matlock was only one point but two to Long Eaton. We to have a lot of work to do and will have a stronger band out at the area as our solo and 2nd Trom were on holiday and had no Bass Trom.
    For all that might think Matlock are on the way out lookout we are back
    and determind to get back up the sections
    Good luck to all at the Area and see the runners up in Dundee
    :wink: :tup

10. Heather

Heather Member

Really enjoyed my day at the contest., made even better as we won!!!
    To me its a good old fashioned contest with no airs and graces and well done to the people who organised it. At contests likethis I don't think people mind too much if things go wrong as they realise the organisers are doing their best to make it successful (not that anything did go wrong!)
    At first I thought the hall was too small but it had a great accoustic and I found it was easy to play in.
    I was also great playing to a full hall rather than 2 men, a dog and the cleaner!!
    We were really pleased with our win, even though there were only 2 of us in it, and hope we can do the same in Blackpool.
    Good Luck to Riddings band too...it was nice to have some happy banter in the changing room!

11. satchmo shaz

:D well done to matlock!! i left a message on your website, nice to see matlock doing well again. I'm sure its all down to their lager than life inspirational MD :wink: as for percussion........... excellent as always. we too had problems with only 1 euph and a last minute reshuffle on the bone section and a perc section who didnt meet until 2 days before the contest!
    As for crewe co=op I listened to both bands and I thought they were awesome !, they must be in the prizes at their area :tup

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Results
    NNEMBA
    Bakewell Silver 2
    Matlock 3
    Long Eaton 4
  13. Heather

Heather Member

'awesome'!!!...cheers Satchmo. Its nice to hear you thought we played well.
    Hope your prediction for the area comes true!!!!

14. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Yeah rachel, its NEMBBA not, NNEMBA. North East Midlands Brass Band Association - NEMBBA

Watch out everyone, Dronfield's coming to get ya!!

We didn't have a bass trom either, just me sight reading a hybrid bass trom/eeb bass part. i was the only eeb bass as well. what a hero!! 8)

15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

what's a bass trom? One of those fictional instruments like a soprano cornet or a BBb bass?

16. Despot

Despot Member

Think it's some sort of vacum cleaner....sounds like one anyway....

17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Despot,

Welcome to theMouthpiece.com.
    I see from your first post you are going to be quite at home on here.

We look forward to reading more of your comments and observations!

:wink: