Nigel Hopkins- High On A Hill

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Does anyone have any contact details for Nigel Hopkins of the trumpet solo 'High On A Hill' fame in the 70's? :confused:
    The reason I ask is that, around 3 years ago, I put an original copy of the trumpet solo music and accompaniment on ebay. Nigel got in contact with me to ask if I would sell it to him as he wanted to present it framed to the Regimental Band, The Royal Rreen Jackets I think, for whom it had great association.
    I took the music off ebay and agreed to give it to Nigel, if he would donate some money to a charity of my choice. How naive I was to think that someone like Nigel would not honour his promise. Excuse after excuse, and promise after promise, my efforts to get a straight answer from him have been futile, so I have decided that to go a bit more public may be the only way to illicit a response.

I notice his 'CrazyLighthouse' production company website has undergone several facelifts, but have had the greatest difficulty getting him to respond. Some may say I should just give up trying to get my payment, but I feel this really is a matter of principle :mad:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Nigel Hopkins
    High On A Hill
    Regimental Band
    FONT
  3. HERITAGE

HERITAGE Member

4. jockinafrock

Just found that one earlier tonight and sent a message - be interested to see if I get a response! Probably see my name and delete it, I've sent that many over the years
    :mad:

5. jockinafrock

Well blow me! Guess who got in touch? Won't rest though until the money's in my account!

6. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

how much does he owe you anyway ?

7. jockinafrock

Not a lot really - but that's not the point. And if he's a gent he'll give a wee bit extra for all the hassle I've had!

8. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Go on, what does he owe you ? you did say you wanted sort name and shame ! I for one would like to know what all the fuss is about

9. jockinafrock

I've named and shamed without being libelous - read the top post, it tells you the bones. Suffice to say this was a person who pleaded poverty and hard times - my foot! If he coughs up the dosh he promised in the first place I'll let things lie. Mind, if I was to get interest on my money for the 3 years wasted taht he's had it in his pocket, I'd be a very happy bunny! :wink:

10. martin1954

martin1954 New Member

Hi Nigel is well known by musicians in Dorset and Hampshire for being hard to get payment from if you still waiting P M me and I can help you with contact details

11. jockinafrock

Hi Martin - eventually got him! What a waste of space! Got my money, but it all could have been done so much quicker! :mad:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Nigel Hopkins
    High On A Hill
    Regimental Band
    FONT
  13. jockinafrock

Mr Hopkins has been in touch with me to say he is not happy with this post, and asking for it to be taken down. He complaining I didn't acknowledge the 'donation' he gave for the music.... acknowledged Mr Hopkins! :dunno