Nicknames at band?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Feb 18, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Do any of you have nicknames at band?
    I do:

Smurf 1/ Smurfy/Smurfette- this is because I am short, my friend alex is Smurf 2 cos she is also v short!
    Hobbit - again because I am short (how original!)
    Snugglebum - got know idea why I am called this, just am!

Fi
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Winton
    rolleyes
    magic torch
    soooooo literal
  3. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I get called Shorty (do I need to explain why..... ok...... coz I'm short)
    and
    I get Blondie every so often as well..... I really don't need to explain that one!

4. meandmycornet

hehe they could at least come up with something original couldn't they?? its always shorty, actually saying that uncle steve (his nickname hehe) were fairly original I can't say i'd been called smurf or hobbit before band! Uncle Steve also calls me frodo (as in frodo baggins the hobbit) quite a lot now

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

When I was in Eagley, many years ago, I was known as Blodwyn, or Blod. A reference, I believe to Blodwyn Pygg who attempted to eat enough sausages to cross the mouth of the Thames.

At Old Hall I am most frequently known as either Sir, or Mr Lyons, for obvious reasons as I have been responsible for teaching a few of the members from time to time. I feel quite sad when they do, because I don't really deserve the accolade. Ah well, Such is life.

6. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

My dad calls me Frodo, i'm not really that short, I'm 5"5, it's just everyone else are giants!!!!

7. meandmycornet

wow you're a giant yourself! I'm only 5ft 1! your not short at all!

8. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Flippin' Heck!!! I feel tall :D wow!

9. meandmycornet

yeah i bet you do, alex (smurf 2) is like loads shorter than me aswell she must be about 4ft10 although she really thinks she's 5ft 2! bless her!

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

*shakes head* Denial......

11. meandmycornet

its true, its true honestly believe me! but she always wears platform shoes/trainers so she looks nearly as tall as me!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Winton
    rolleyes
    magic torch
    soooooo literal
  13. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

platform trainers.......... I'm not even going to ask!!!!!

14. groovy

groovy Active Member

I don't have a nickname, but we have Sunrise, Cheesy, Pops and Gentlebob/Bobert in our band!

15. meandmycornet

well you know those trainers that have really think soles there not platforms but they make her look a bit taller!

16. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

can't say there's any flixtonite's with nicknames like that!

17. meandmycornet

those are some good nicknames! but y??

we have hippie/prescious (same person lol and its a boy of 16!) Uncle Steve, Uncle Fester and I can't remember anymore! oh yes I can Mr Steve and Flugal Steve (all three steve names are different steves they are mine and alex's way of distinguishing (wow what a big word!) between the different steves!)

18. groovy

groovy Active Member

Sunrise used to have a sticky up fringe, like a sunrise, but then it turned into a sunset. Our conductor calls him Paul for some reason even though his name is Euan.
    Cheesy is just cheesy.
    Pops is like Grandpops, he's not very old but we all laugh at him anyway.
    Gentlebob aka Bobert cos his name is Robbie and he is apparently huggable.

19. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Our 2nd man down calls me Manc!!

& Lottie, 5'5" is NOT short! Come & see our horn section. Me & the flugel are 5'2", 1st horn is 5'1" (I think) & 2nd horn is 5'

Best things come in small packages..................like poison (before anyone else says it!)

3rd man down is sometimes referes to as Pizzy (long story) or Dobbin (initials GG)
    2nd man down Tony bear!

That's it I'm afraid. Very boring!

20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

RObert calls two of the cornet players tom an jerry but thats only cos he cant remember their real names i think

21. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Just Dawny. Not that strange as it is my name. Have also been called kiddo from time to time. We've got loads of nicknames in our band though.

22. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

cant really say i have any nicknames at band...

although at youth band one of the parents calls me chappersdood, and the training band percussion section made a song about me.