Next time you're on a bus....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

and you see a person waiting at a bus stop or someone just walking along and they look a little sad, give them a smile and watch them smile back.

It happened to me the other day and I did have a big grin after receiving my random smile. Yesterday I smiled at a bored looking random and he too smiled back (in a genuine way, not a sleezy way!)

Spread the smile love, it's great watching the happy reactions!

(tis probably safer to do it through a window jsut incase the random person thinks you're a nut case)
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

It's noticeable how many people will smile back if you smile at them. If they don't, just whip out your Uzi9mm and blast 'em.
    BadAss Badger

3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

lol, why not! smiles are supposed to be better for cheering people up than chocolate, and thats saying something!
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

People think i'm a psycho when I smile...
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I rarely use public transport, but that's a really nice thought...

7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I smiled at a girl at Uni yesterday which was reciprocated....
    I smiled at her because I fancy the pants off her, she was probably just been polite!

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font]
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Another good one, when you're in the car, is to toot the horn and wave at some random individual and continue driving on. It's a hoot watching the reactions of some of them. :)
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

ooo yeah that's a good one, most wave at you as if they know you just incase!
  10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

me and my mate did that going to work once on a sunday mornin, and everyone was out walking their dogs on the country lanes, he beeped, they waves then he beeped again almost straight after at another group walking about 10metres behind and they waved as well.

twas funny!

I like it when people smile at me at work, cause im usually having a crap shift in the restaurant and people smile at me an cheers me up.
  11. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Do this in some US cities and you might have to take cover.
  12. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Try waving at bus drivers, that usually gets a response unless they are from the inbred community of a village called Barking in Greater London / Essex.

Another sibling has taken this to the Isle of Man when visiting his outlaw's cousin and gets a wave everytime because the drivers all believe that they must know you as it is such a small Island.
  13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

LBB has actually taken the waving at bus drivers game as far as Perth, WA.

And maybe Chicago, as well!
  14. NeilW

NeilW Member

MG Drivers wave / flash lights at each other (when its safe to do so!).

Motor bikes (particularly "bigger ones") used to too, but I've not noticed it much recently.

(MGF driver!)
  15. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I wouldn't suggest that you do that in London as it is seen as a gang sign and can result in some catastrophic results.
  16. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Over Christmas was visiting my sister at Wantage, Oxfordshire and went out for a pre-lunch walk on Christmas day. Not many people about so the ones we did meet gave them my heartiest "good morning". Well it was like I was from another planet - it's as if no one had ever said anything to them in their lives. Eventually had to lower my response to a smile, a nod of the head and a muttered "m'ning"; sometimes just about got a nod back.

Honestly suffeners:rolleyes: they should be rounded up and taken for long walks in the Peak District - everybody you pass has a cheerful greeting.
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Or go for a walk along the canal, there's nothing quite like the exchanging of pleasantries when walking past a barge travelling just that little bit faster than your walking pace. People are still lovely and friendly some of the time.....

Plus you never know who may be on the barge sometimes it turns out to be Harrison Ford and Ally McBeal taking a break on the Shropshire Union. Other times it's just somebody telling you about the badgers that have caused about 1/4 million pounds worth of damage!

18. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

awww im gonna be smiling when i get over this hangover!
  19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

i did actually accidentally wave at sumone from a bus an they waved back was well funny.
  20. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

When i am in my car and waiting at traffic lights, if someone pulls up by the side of me i look at them and look at the red light and make some kind of gesture for the lights on red.
    Something like this::rolleyes:
    Most times they nod there head to agree with me:clap: