Next sentence please....

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by flugel_fancy, Jun 29, 2006.

1. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

ok this is quite similar to another thread but a bit more difficult and might not work as it is usually done on paper :rolleyes: but lets try...
    I will start with a sentence. The next person will choose any 2 words from my sentence and post a new sentence.

Rules...
    1 the sentence must, in anyway you wish, correspond with the previous sentence
    2 you can not duplicate a word you must pick 2 different words
    3 the word 'the' does not constitute a word!!
    4 one sentence per post
    5 remember KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!!

e.g sentence 1 ...... I was walking along the long beach when I stood on a
    red pebble...

reply sentence ... The red jumper I was wearing at the time had sleeves too
    long for my arms...

The outcome should be a very funny (or indeed strange story).

So lets start here....

I was sitting in a band rehearsal when a man walked in with a very big green tuba...

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

...He was wearing green shoes, one of which was tied up with an elastic band...

3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

"hello" he said "can I change these shoes for some that have proper laces and preferrable in brown to go with my black trousers"

4. "Why not keep those shoes, and I'll give you some laces?" spoke the woman at the back of the room.

5. gawber

gawber Active Member

The woman always kept a spare pair of laces in her handbag for 'emergencies'.

6. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I have spare laces with me but they're the wrong colour for these shoes and I don't like the shoes anyway. They clash with my tuba.

7. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Just then the conductor started shouting - neither the Clash cymbals (played by the lady at the back of the room) nor the Tuba had come in when they were supposed to, probably because they were chatting.

8. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

The conductor then asked the cornets to 'sing' when they play to try and cover the rough sound the basses were making so they all jumped up and started dancing aroung the tuba singing lady in red..

9. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

[cough-splutter] Rule no. 2 - YOUR Rule no. 2 !!! ;) [/cough-splutter]

Stop it, Yelled the irate conductor - I've never seen such Rough Dancing in all my life.

10. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Ok im not good at explaining things. 2 seperate words just means can not use the word e.g tuba twice in your sentence and count it as the 2 words from the previous sentence. yuo can however use it more than once in your sentence but not as it were a 'bold' letter twice. Basically your 'bold' words must be different from each other but can be the same as previous sentence. its really to hard to explain so dont worry about it gets too complicated I think!!.........

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    sentence
    B)
    bit
    COLOR
    paper
  12. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

" but mr. conductor" said the cornets, "you are always irate with the tubas we just thought we'd get back at them for you, especially when the trombones and the horn player with the multi-coloured socks spend most their time dancing instead of playing." The conductor frowned....

13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

"well you've heard the horns play - which would you prefer them to do? I'think we should get them on that Saturday TV programme" said the conductor

"What multi-coloured sock shop?" said the horn player.

"No you half wit that one were they get people on to make fools of themselves"

"are right - Big Brother"

14. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

The horn section were disgusted at this suggestion and so stormed out of the band room only to find a blue sock on the floor. They then thought to themselves "now what can we do with this?......

15. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

And before anyone could stop them, the thought struck them. The blue sock was to become a gag for the solo cornet player. If only they could find more socks to do the same with the rest of the cornets.

16. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Then lightening struck the band room and players ran all over as flames came out of every window, instruments from every angle and yes following on behind (way way behind as usual) were the basses with their socks in their hands because.....

17. Harold.Wells

Harold.Wells Active Member

...they were suffering with back problems (from years of lugging heavy instruments around) and couldn't bend down to the right angle to put them on!

18. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Unfortunately, this couldn't be used as an excuse for why they put them on back to front and not even on the right limbs.

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

They even managed to fix them upside down.

20. gawber

gawber Active Member

Meanwhile, down in the little village of Silkstone, they were holding a March and Hymn contest where bands could compete wearing any colour socks they wanted but if they fancied first prize for deportment they should consider all wearing the same colour!

21. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, one of the more fancied bands were in trouble - one of their players had forgotten to bring any socks at all :oops:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    sentence
    B)
    bit
    COLOR
    paper