News: PLC on the web

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 8, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif[/IMGLEFT]PLC on the web

Paul Lovatt-Cooper, one of the hottest compositional voices for brass in the current banding movement, has pushed himself into cyberspace, with the launch of his new website.

So if you want to find out more about the man who has brought us some of the catchiest tunes of the last year or more, then log onto: www.plcmusic.com

Designed by GK Design you can catch up on his latest news, listen to, view and buy pieces of his music.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    web
    B
    more
    some
  3. weenie

weenie Member

Nice one Paul, best of luck with it!

4. jd

jd Member

PLC on the Web

I thoroughly enjoyed the Website of PLC.
    It has been professionally produced, and features some superb videos and musical extracts.

I can honestly say as a colleague and best friend, who has witnessed first hand the work Paul puts into his compositions,
    He is a star and deserves all the accolades that come his way.

Keep up the good work mate.

John Doyle

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I wholeheartedly agree John, and indeed just nominated Pauls site in the current tMP Website of the Month contest.

Looking for seconders....? :)

The site is excellent, one of the best new sites I have seen for quite some time - congrats to whoever designed it.

6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Absolutely. All it needs is a link back to tMP and it will be complete

:biggrin:

7. alks

alks Member

Well it certainly looks fiine.

However i can't resist but point out that the underlining code is anything but professional.
    Tables used for layout is really something that no professional web company should be doing in 2008 (its more 1998). Accessibility is non-existant, it uses depricated tags, the html doesnt validate and neither does the css. Its filled with dreamweaver behaviour code that just isnt needed. There are no alt tags for pictures. The navigation breaks in IE 6. I would also expect a contact form to be provided rarther than a mailto link. The whole design could easily be achieved in xhtml/css even with using a content management system.

If i paid good money for a website then i would expect that they actually coded to modern standards and modern practices. The same company has also done blackdykes new website which is riddled with the same coding issues.

Other than that the design looks fine, and best of luck with it.

alks