News: Lion kills man who went into Kiev zoo cage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 11, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Apologies re the random natuer of this but I have to say how utterly stupid some people are eh! I read this news item on theRegister and was compelled to post it here. Some people...

===============
    KIEV — A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in the Kiev Zoo after he crept into an enclosure, a zoo official said Monday.

“The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists,’ lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,” the official said.

“A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery.”

Police identified the man as a 45-year-old ethnic Azeri with Ukrainian citizenship. Four lions live in the enclosure.

The incident, on Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an “animal island” protected by thick concrete blocks. Kiev Zoo, one of the biggest in the former Soviet Union, is home to more than 2,000 animals, birds and reptiles and receives about 280,000 visitors every year.

Article on theRegister

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kiev
    News
    zoo cage
    Lion
    natuer
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Oh dear!

I hope, if there is an afterlife ;) , that God has taken time to explain to the man, why he didn't save him!

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

It is said by some that God helps those who help themselves. He does not help those who are pillocks...
    BMB
    xx

5. gawber

gawber Active Member

Let's hope God helps those who are mentally ill and this man is now at peace.

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice sentiments, and yes, let's hope so.

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, he certainly provided the 'mane' attraction that day.....

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Do you not think the bushtucker trials for I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here a going a bit too far?

;)

9. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Yes, he can certainly take 'pride' in that........

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it's a shame, the poor man died so that his faith in God could be put to the test...

And that the lions had something to go with their chips.

11. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Shame he didn't 'paws' to think about the possible consequences of his actions.....

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kiev
    News
    zoo cage
    Lion
    natuer
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Was he a Christian? ... traditionally, I don't think lions and that faith have went hand in hand. :)

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Bit like you and grammar, dear...
    There was of course the famous incident of Daniel in the lion's den (Daniel 6).
    BMB
    xx

15. well yes, but what else did he expect from walking into a lions den...

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- looks like this guy in Kiev didn't keep up his subscriptions for a guardian angel then ... ;)