Newly Composed Song

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by HBB, May 13, 2008.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

I know this is a brass band forum.
    But as I've not really seriously composed for brass band in a while, I've been mainly working on Saxophone pieces and a Song Cycle.

Just thought I'd share my latest piece with you all. See what you think?

It's a song setting of a poem by Silé Moriarty, who's a poet at MMU in Manchester, and it's called Last Rites, and was the Winner of the 2008 Rosamund Prize for Composition at the RNCM.

It can be heard here: http://www.badongo.com/file/9351492

Cheers
    Ben

2. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Stunning..........
    any chance I can commission you to write me a solo, Ben?!

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

How this is random chat I'll never know. I realise it's not brass, but should there be a section of just Music in general?

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi Ben,

Sorry, but that link ne marche pas for me. Sorry. I would love to hear any kind of piece of yours, Ben. Other way of access?

5. grandmothersclock

grandmothersclock Member

Its very good Ben. I am astounded that you can write like this at such a formative age. I was at Morley and thought your piece (through a film lens...is that right?) was very cinemagraphic and i see one of your arrangements is on the new recording "baritones to the fore". I wish i could do it....too old perhaps....?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice