Newbiee trombonist

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by teletext45, Dec 27, 2013.

1. teletext45

teletext45 New Member

Hi just thought I'd say hi. I'm Andy a once Euphonium now trombonist. I've recently purchased a Yamaha 354 and it's come to my attention that it's been supplied with a Baritone mouthpiece so I'm looking to get that sorted at some stage. I currently perform with a soul cover band which has given me, well forced me to practice hard and work on my technique very quickly but I think I need some lessons. (if there are any teachers in east riding of Yorkshire please pm me!)

Thanks

Andy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Yamaha 354
    Newbiee
    Andy
    mouthpiece
    Baritone
  3. agent006

agent006 Member

When you say it's a baritone mouthpiece, what exactly is it? There's a good crossover between the two and just because the size suits a baritone doesn't mean it's not also a good trombone mouthpiece.

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Andy has also posted some queries on the trombone forum. From those, I can tell you that the baritone mouthpiece in question is an SM4B - not a mouthpiece I would suggest using with a trombone unless one has some very specific and unusual low register tonal playing needs on a small bore instrument. It could be a nice mouthpiece for a narrow-bore G bass, for example...