New York Brass Band - Kippax Brass Band Club

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ratpit, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ratpit

ratpit Member

Kippax Brass Band Club have booked the funky New Orleans Brass Band to pay at thier club in March

Details TBC

www.newyorkbrassband.co.uk

2. ratpit

ratpit Member

3. phildriscoll

phildriscoll Moderator Staff Member

Looking forward to it - sounds great :)

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

New York or New Orleans or New Orleans style?

5. ratpit

ratpit Member

New York Brass Band in a New Orleans style! My post wasn't the clearest!!

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

A band from York that play in the New Orleans style, but because they are a New Orleans style band, it must be the New, York Brass Band. This should not be confused with the Old Rowntree's York Brass Band, or York Instruments. Hope that's clearer Bruv!

7. ratpit

ratpit Member

The newest brass band from the mean streets of York. We ain't Rowntrees, We ain't Railway, We ain't Sheperds all seated on the ground. Come down and check us out. Rebirth Brass Band won a Grammy this year come and join the brass revolution

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Crikey! Got to be worth a visit to see how the natives take to the funky sounds of the New York/New Orleans/New Wave ..... Lets see if they can win a Kippax 'granny' or 2 ;)

I'll certainly try and get down and check you out.

Ratpit - are you the sousa player? If so, take care it's quite a low ceiling in the club. I once did a number on my sousa and smashed 4 light bulbs :D

9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

You brought the house down again as always then Steve !

- Mr Wilx

10. ratpit

ratpit Member

Wow can I win a Granny or 2 in the raffle?
    I was expecting a navi's breakfast!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Kippax Brass Band Club Kippax Brass Band Club
    New York
    New Orleans Brass Band
    MarchDetails TBC
    Club Kippax Brass Band Club
  12. ratpit

ratpit Member

After the stresses and strains of the Yorkshire Regionals get down to Kippax band club at 8.00pm this Sunday to hear what brass bands sound like New Orleans style.

www.newyorkbrassband.co.uk

13. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Well done Ratpit and friends. I could only stay for the first spot due to work committments, really enjoyed it, definately something different. Thought the drummer was spot on and would liked to have seen him on a full kit. All the other guys were good too and seemed to enjoy their playing. The band was very well recieved (in the first spot) hope the rest of the evening also went well.