New Years Eve 2006

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 25, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

What are you doing on New Years Eve:
    Going Out to Party to venue/friends
    Staying In &having a meal with friends
    Going away on holiday.
    Or something else.
    Im spending it with my girlfriend and my mum and guess who is cooking a meal;Yours truly
    Ian Perks:clap:
    Apart from been a Butcher i also enjoy cooking as well
  2. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I'm going to a private party at my local snooker club!! Doesn't sound very exciting but will be a GREAT night I'm sure!:tup
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Sausages per chance?

4. mad_female

mad_female Member

Working until about 22:00 at the hatchery department of the local hospital.
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

celebrating my birthday!
  6. Going away to Germany with my boyfriend and friends to get nice and drunk and celebrate my best mates 21st at the same time, gonna be the most needed break of my life. Can't wait!!!!!
  7. sheilawinter

sheilawinter Member

i'm having dinner with my boyfriend Ian Perks and his mum
    and no its not sausages
    we are also having a lot of beers along the way (he!he!)
    to toast in the new year
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm working on both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and due to engineering work on my railway line into work, I shall need to be on the rail replacement bus at 4.55 each morning in order to get in on time. It looks, therefore, as if I'll have to try to get a reasonably early night for a change, but my thoughts will be with my Cambridge Heath Brass colleagues who will be playing as usual at the Watchnight Service in St Paul's Cathedral.
  9. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Thankfully I won't be at work again this New Year's Eve, so I will be at home with my family, welcoming in 2007 with a few drinks:D
  10. Di

Di Active Member

We usually go out with the kids and my parents to something like 10 pin bowling, then come home for a buffet supper and see the new year in with a toast, but we're trying to think of something a little different to do this year. Any suggestions?
  11. sheilawinter

sheilawinter Member

:D throw a big party for all your neighbours
    could work out quite expensive depending on how many neighbours you have
    just dont forget to invite me and my new boyfriend:D :clap:
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thinking about New Year already, blimey we've hardly got Christmas out of the way!!

Anyway, we'll be going to a local pub for their New Year's eve party, along with some others from band. Should be a good night (it was last year) - good music, food, and company - and plenty of beers!
  13. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Come to Bideford!!! :D 3rd best place in the country for new years eve celebrations. Everybody (including grannies and children) wears fancy dress and the party on the Quay starts around 6pm and finishes some time new years day (theres usually 10s of thousands there - don't know where they all come from :-? but all the htels etc are booked up solid) - last year we were home early at 1.30am but previous years we've been out until 4/5am. Its really great fun, we have a get together at home and make our way down about 11pm (or later if its very cold/wet) We're all going as clowns again this year - you can have lots of fun and no one knows who you are ;) You're very welcome to come and join us :tup
  14. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Special Hogmanay "Haggis Flavour" Sausages ...... ?

First catch a brace of wild haggis.....
  15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I saw some fly past the other day! :biggrin:

I've not got anything planned this NYE. First time since the millenium that I haven't been getting dolled up into black tie and tux and going out with some friends. Not sure what I will be doing instead yet - but I expect something alcoholic may be consumed! :tongue:
  16. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Beaker and I are spending the evening with our friends (and fellow banders) Maria and Steven, as well as their slightly mad cat! Much alcohol will be consumed...
  17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

It really is LOTS of fun! :D We've done clowns three years in a row mum! getting a bit boring now!
  18. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

WOW! they are flying now?? This evolution thing works fast, i thought they were land bound!!:confused:
  19. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Only the greater spotted haggis is land-bound!

Will you be dressing up this NYE Craig? :biggrin:
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  20. vonny

vonny Member

I think it will be an early night for me on new years eve as i'm so tierd after my trip to India.
    I see you have a new girlfriend Ian, and i'm distraught now you're not available.

Yvonne x