New Year Wishes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ffion Flugel, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

What will you be hoping for in 2007 as far as your band's concerned? Perhaps you'd love to change some of the music you've been playing for years, or would like to bring back the old favourites which have been banned to make room for "popular" music. Would you like Santa to point at least 13 new players in your direction, so that you have a full band? Are there some jobs you've always done which you'd just rather quietly forget next year, or would you prefer to start/stop contesting?

2. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

I hope to see a couple more new faces to build the band up and I would like us to be able to play harder pieces and get better! Visit a few more places and To work on double tonging and like i say every year just improve a little more!

3. I hope that we don't make a total fool out of ourselves in our national championship, and that our tour in England will be sucessful..

4. i hope i find another band! lol!

5. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

I hope I can get back to conduct and play. I'm missing it

6. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

Keeping everything crossed in that department

7. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Would love to improve on our one contest victory of 2006:)

8. tubagod

tubagod Member

My Wish i for that 13-15 more members so we are a full band. and the ones i have, are going to practice that bit more next year.

9. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

To put on a good show at the conductors workshop in weston in Jan. Win coleford, the areas, weston, the nationals and wychavon! Think that should do it!
    CHris

10. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

My New Year's resolution is, unfortunately, impossible. I love banding and have done it all my life. Work commitments have forced me to only attend band practice twice since August, so last month I had to throw in the towel and let another player take my seat. Luckily, the band managed to secure Chris Jeans to play, so I know that solo trom seat is in good hands and I thank Chris for making himself available.

I would love to keep banding next year, but I can't turn work down for the sake of a hobby. The decision to leave was a traumatic one, but I'm glad that I've left on good terms and kept in touch with my friends.

Perhaps if I stop freelancing and get a proper job, I might start banding again. I miss it so much!:(

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Santa
    music
    new players
    Year Wishes
    old favourites
  12. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

There must be a band out there which would appreciate you when you're there, and understand when you're not ... I know it's a different discipline if you're a professional musician, but bands are pretty amenable on the whole, and wouldn't want to miss out on splendid musicians!

13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Thanks for that! Nice to be appreciated. I feel a strong loyalty to GUS and have really enjoyed the last 18 months I've played with them and have the utmost respect and admiration for Dave Stowell. I'm currently going though the busiest period since I've been freelancing - 2 days off in the whole of November:( . I'll show my face again in the New Year, but can't commit.

14. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I reeeally reallly really want to qualify for the Nationals and the British open with Polysteel!

It would actually make my life!!! :rolleyes:

15. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Get another +55 points at the world ranking with my band :)

16. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

To perform creditably in the 3rd section following our promotion.
    Have full rehearsals where people arrive on time.
    Be more disciplined in the amount of home practice I do.

17. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Qualify for the nationals and win it! of course!
    Failing that a good result would do at the areas and lots more general good results. A few best sop prizes would be a dream come true, or well maybe just one for now, or even just a positive mention!

18. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

I hope that this year we can maybe get into the top 6 at the regionals! i won't say top 3 cos i think thats being a bit too optimistic!

i also wish we could stop playing so many last night of the proms concerts! no chance cos the punters love it so much!

19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

A creditable performance in the 1st section at the Area.
    More of the decent concerts we do and less of the not-so-decent ones.
    A solo horn player to complete what is shaping up to be a decent line up. (shameless plug ;) )