New Yamaha Neo Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by HornPlayerMK, Apr 12, 2010.

1. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

Yamaha Neo on Facebook

Yamaha have just launched a brand new Facebook page dedicated to the new Neo range of Brass Band instruments. The page has pictures and full details on the new Neo Tenor Horn developed with Sheona White as well as information on Yamaha artists and events. Some videos will also be uploaded very shortly.

Over the coming weeks and months the page will be regularly updated with details of all the other new Neo instruments currently in development as well as news on future events and promotions.

Check out the the Facebook page on the link below or simply search for Yamaha Neo.
    http://http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Yamaha-Neo/109673119048146?ref=ts

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

3. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

Thanks for this :). Copied the link from the Facebookpage so don't know why it didn't work.
    Will try and change the link in the original post.

4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I don't know much (anything) about Facebook, but did you sign in and copy the url of the page you were viewing as a member?

I'm just wondering, 'cos, as far as I can see, only members can do a search. I eventally got to the Facebook page via the Yamaha website and the page had a different url :dunno

5. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

Ahhh, very possibly! Although I'm a bit of a Facebook addict, I have to admit to being a complete Technophobe! Think I'll stick to playing the Horn :oops:

6. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Great page... particularly love the new pics of development artists!

And looking forward to the master classes

7. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

Thanks. There'll be more pics of our other brass band artists up on the page soon. Just finished a great new photoshoot with Russell Gray!

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

But you can't actually buy one. According to Normans there is only one and they've loaned it to 4 bars rest. 4BR's review seems to like it, but when it's not available to purchase the review seems a bit pointless.

9. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Cheers John!
    As the above poster has said the Neo tenor horns are in stock or on their way (in both silver and lacquer) to a number of UK retailers.
    The Music Cellar has them and I know both John Packer and Normans will have them on their stands at the British Open next weekend (plus there will be one on the Yamaha stand).
    If you have any further questions regarding stock please feel free to PM me or contact Yamaha via the Neo Facebook page.

10. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Neo
    Yamaha
    Facebook
    Neo Facebook Page
    Brass Band
  11. One will be appearing at Old Hall Brass this evening too - so if any horn players want to come and have a look (or any other players too) you're all welcome!

12. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

there will be one at Hammonds rehearsal this evening too!

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh you're all just showing off now. :)

14. How did the horn get on at Hammonds?

It had good reviews at OHB...

15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

What was it like to hold? Normal horn grip possible?

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yep if by normal you mean left hand around the valve wrap, it does feel different, mainly due to the moved 2nd valve slide, but it supposedly promotes a more natural extention of your arm so you aren't twisting your hands as much. Just something that you get used to I spose, I didn't have it for long enough to do so, still very playable all the same :)

17. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks Aidan. I shall look forward to trying one as soon as Packers have one in. You never know, I might even buy it.

18. Shame you're so far away - you could have had a look at one of ours

BTW - none of the Old Hall Boys found it uncomfy to play - if that is of interest.....

19. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

As luck would have it, Packers got one in while a member of my band was in the shop, so it will be with me for tonights band practice.

20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well played it for a couple of hours at band. Need to find a slightly different grip, as I can't get my fingers round the valve block comfortably and ended up with an aching wrist. On the playing front, valves very slick. Tuning seems much the same as my sovereign, still need to pull the main slide out nearly an inch. Easy to blow, plays pianos very nicely and volume changes are impressive.

Will give it some more concentrated practice today, as I'm still not sure it's that much better than the Sov to justify spending so much dosh. Need to decide today as it has to go back in the morning, to go to the Open. (unless I buy it.)

I'd like to try a Sterling but they are too far away.

21. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Neo
    Yamaha
    Facebook
    Neo Facebook Page
    Brass Band