New world record for the discovery of an errata

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Laserbeam bass, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

1 hour before going on stage.

1st Baritone in Comedy Overture, bar before 18, had a Dotted crotchet G followed quavers EGE, whilst the solo cornet had EFE. Never heard it before, and thank **** I won't have to hear it again :biggrin:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Just shows how little people actually listen to us poor souls on baritone ;-)
  3. 5010 Hn

5010 Hn New Member

I know that really shook BaritoneElvis up, discovering that one!! ;) ;) ;)
    Only heard 4 bands, but was amazed at how many bands were still playing 'errors'!

Just think..... no more "Dilly........ Picadilly.....etc"

Quelle Dommage! :clap:
  4. resus

resus New Member

I was equally amazes at how many errors I actually played... unfortunately none of them were writen on the part all my own work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quiche Lorraine!!! :clap:
  5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

How does this scenario sound.

All the bands who were lower than 6th get together and pay for a bunch of American lawyers (let's face it no British ones would look at the case) to sue the publisher of Comedy for not getting off their arses to repair mistakes that have been around since the piece was published.

I should think they have a duty of care to their customers, who are in a seller's market with regard to the purchase of this music... what do you reckon, does it sound like we might have a case? After all, it's their fault the rest of us didn't win, isn't it?...

6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Indeed - I was "All shook up" !!!!(in the words of the King!).

As for the other mistakes ..... I'll get me coat
  7. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

What Resus is trying to point out is the fact that we Becontree bariphonium types are musical free spirits , unbound by the fetters of mere key or time signature !! We felt that a free-form jazz-impro version of "comedy" was missing from the many recordings of this fine work and were thus merely correcting an inbalance.Obviously to the untrained ear they might sound like errors , but then true musical genius is never recognised in its own time...just look at Stravinsky :) :)

I am confident that in years to come , the split note baritone semi triplet entry , timed to perfection to occur just after or just before the solo cornet , will become established as the benchmark that others aspire to !! ;) ;)

Grand Fromage!!
  8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

No, no, no!

Getting your coat is only for instances where jokes are on an equally (low) par with the Emponumous Hononymous one.

"Other mistakes" might lead to the Brass Band equivalent of a P45 though...
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

whats emponumous hononymous mean?
  10. mikelyons

Supersonic bang, followed by large whooooooshing sound as humour does a low altitude entry into yonhee atmosphere.

We definitely need that thread I suggested elsewhere :eek:
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

cant you just tell me what it means instead of being evil?
  12. mikelyons

If I knew the precise meaning of Will's words, I would probably tell you. However, it's the mangling of language that is funny, not the words themselves.
    The nearest words to what he wrote are:

Homonymous - Sounding the same (pair/pear, here/hear)

Eponymous - means with the same name
  13. Laserbeam bass

Don't worry Yonhee, I have known Will the Sec for over 30 years and sometimes I still ain't got a scooby what he's talking about.

I believe he was trying to suggest that the only reason to get your coat as point out by Baritone Elvis, was when a bad joke was told. He was trying to emualte the tumbleweed that is often seen rolling across screens when a particularly unfunny joke is told. This can be found on any rerun of Shooting Stars, with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer.
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

If you're going to use big words, at least spell them right so the poor lass doesn't get even more confused!
  15. Laserbeam bass

Sex and Travel ;)
  16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

are you being nice or pointing out that im really thick?
  17. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

whered that come from :confused:
  18. Laserbeam bass

I would love to be able to explain it to you, but alas I would probably be barred from this web site. Suffice to say that it is not a very nice two word phrase and in general means go away.
  19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

oh that ok.
  20. HBB

HBB Active Member

No Comment..