New works for Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Highams, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Highams

Highams Member

On Saturday November 7th. Willson UK Euphonium Artist Charley Brighton will be premiering the brass band version of Terry Treherne's new Euphonium solo 'Maestoso Spiritoso' as a guest with the Staines Band of the Salvation Army, in Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middx.

Bandmaster Tim Parker will conduct the premier of the brass band version of the piece, written for me and piano accompanist Malcolm Stowell originally, and performed at St. Mary's, Slough earlier this year.

Also in the programme is a special adaptation (with the arrangers permission) of Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof. Original scored for flute & piano, and John Golland's 'Peace'.

2. Highams

Highams Member

3. Highams

Highams Member

4. Highams

Highams Member

Sue & I recently were invited back too perform at a Carols Around the Wurlitzer concert in Woking, Surrey with international theatre organist Len Rawle and other guests.

I premiered a new version of Infant Holy arranged by Terry Treherne and Sue performed John Ireland's The Holy Boy. We duetted in The Christmas Song and the Cavalry Tuba got an airing in O Holy Night.

We played too 2 packed houses at 2.30pm and 7.30pm raising monies for the American Theatre Organ Society.

5. Highams

Highams Member

Facts & Figures;

At the St. Mary's free Saturday lunchtime concert series in 2009, 51 concerts were given by 56 performers (and 3 choirs) of which 36 were male and 20 female.

Some 450 pieces of music were performed, the visiting audiences (numbering 2166) raised just over £2340 for Church funds.

We start the 20th. year of these concerts with a full concert diary for 2010 and with bookings into 2011. In the last 7 years alone these concerts have raised over £23.000!