New Willson Web Site

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Highams, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Highams

Highams Member

Willson Band Instruments have re-launched their web site at;

click on 'news' to see my latest pics.

Best wishes, Chas
  2. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

No english version Charley?!

BTW what are the Basses like?
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  3. Highams

Highams Member

Should be up soon hopefully.

Amsterdam Staff Band have a set of 5 Willson tubas;

click on 'artisten' and scroll down for those endorsing tubas.

4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ta, just seen theres some English in there! Any players in bands over here playing them that you know of?

Looks good, pity Rosehill is so far away, Id quite a wee shot of the basses!!
  5. Highams

Highams Member

There's quite a few I believe in bands dotted around the UK, most I know of are in the pro world.

6. the fish

the fish Member

Hade Edge band used to play on them not sure if they still do, was chatting to one of their bass players at Whit Friday a couple of years ago, they are very heavy but well made was my impression of teh instruments, wouldn't mind a go on one to see what they blow like.
  7. Highams

Highams Member

I have played the Willson E flat 4v compensator when trying some tubas out for a lady pupil.

It's a monster of an instrument, and a dream to play. She actually (in the end) went for a new 982 Besson, simply because the reach to the 4th. valve was shorter (as she is of small build).

The Willson had the better pedal register by far though.

Just my thoughts.
  8. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Wilson Instruments

9. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

I play on a Wilson horn - lovely instrument but a couple of tuning issues remain. I think the new version of the horn with trigger on main slide helps sort these out though. Bell seems bigger - very freeblowing - nice in top register...altogether better than the newer sov's.
  10. agentorange

agentorange Member

I tried a Willson euph on a trade stand a while ago and loved it!!
    Unfortunately i'd only had my prestige a year so the willson will have to wait a while!
  11. Highams

Highams Member

Willson are launching 4 new models at Frankfurt, 2 F tubas (XS & XL) the 420 cornet and a 2960 Celebration euphonium.

Pics of these are on the news section of the website, but no details will be up until after the show, along with an English version of the pages too.

That's all I could find out.

12. Brass Band

Brass Band New Member

wow, i have tried the wilson euphonium a while ago and such a rich full and true tone.
    Sadly the panny bank wont quite stretch just yet.:mad:
  13. chill

chill Member

Anyone now have experience of their Bb cornets please?