New websites from "The Colonies"

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Okiedokie of Oz, May 14, 2005.

1. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

When it rains it pours!!

A lot of us dedicated bandies from this side of the pond have had to be very didicated posters here at our beloved Mouthpiece because there was nothing akin to this environment back at home....

...until today.

Last month, 4 Bars Rest launched the new "4 Bars Rest Downunder" site. Using the same old format that you have all grown to know and love, we now have our own 4BR to check for gossip and news.

Last week, the Queensland Band association announced they would be discontinuing their forum.....this upset a few people. So last night, at 12:30AM (ok this morning!!!) I got home form a band rehearsal to find a welcome email for the new forum www.spitvalve.com.au (hmmmmmm copyright infringement perhaps, John???? ;) ) . The layout is different, but you can see it has potential, and I got immediately to work, trying to make this new site as homey as I could....

THEN....

2 hours ago, another new email. Brass Bands Australia Online, another news site, WITH ITS OWN FORUM was launched by the same people that brought you Tuba Central. A nice gentle combination of the 4br and spitvalve initiatives.....

So now, it's just a case of waiting to see which will hit it off the most. Feel free to have a looksie, make a few posts to stimulate our poor XXXX-soaked brains, and let me know what you think of the new Australasian initiatives!!

www.4barsrest.com/downunder
    www.spitvalve.com.au
    www.brassbandaustralia.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bars Rest Downunder
    websites
    bandies
    posters
    format