New website launched!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by flashbarry, Jan 6, 2007.

1. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

We are pleased to announce the launch of www.darrolbarry.com - the new exciting home of British composer and arranger Darrol Barry.

The new website features a comprehensive catalogue and will soon be including sound samples. The major works section has programme notes available for your information, and a discography of Darrol’s works is presented as a slideshow.

www.darrolbarry.com has been designed by Musical Director and Music Producer Naomi McFadyen.

To contact Darrol for commissions or further information please email him on darrol@darrolbarry.com

Happy New Year!

NB: Please ensure that you are up to date with your version of Flash Player.
    Free Downloads are available online.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm afraid it isn't loading properly for me - nothing but a black screen, although I have flash player installed.

Anyone else reported any problems?

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

I can see the site, but I can't see a link to tMP on the Links page?

4. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

I will get back to you on this one, it should work ok if you have flash player installed.

5. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

tMP will be added shortly!

Cheers,

6. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

7. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Looks good from here :clap:

8. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

It's interesting to read at the start of the Biography that Darrel "was born... at a very early age.";)

9. Di

Di Active Member

I'm having a little difficulty navigating the site. As I've progressed through the pages, it doesn't seem to support the "back" function. The only way to re-read a page, such as the commissions where there are several pages, is to hit "commission" and start from the top again.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I have the same problem on IE7 as well! :-?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    website
    Darrol Barry.
    Darrol
    Naomi McFadyen.To
    @darrolbarry.com
  12. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I hadn't got far enough to look for Back buttons...

13. Di

Di Active Member

Hubby's just told me as its flash, you can't do "back", so may be a "previous" page as is used on the Discography? :)

14. alks

alks Member

Just a few points,

its generally not good practice to produce a website only in flash. Its bad for web accessibility reasons and is bad for users who still use dial-up or slow connections(minutes to load) . It is also difficult to get your site indexed in search engines. Also people on networks in a work environment often do not have flash available to them. Best practice is to use flash in combination with a well structured xhtml/css page and used where needed. However, producing a flash only site offers the advantage of extra jazzy graphics and effects, you also have more flexibility with the layout and also flash is easily scaleable.

alks

15. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Thanks for all the positive comments, we have been receiving lots of excellent feedback from other parties which has been very much appreciated.