New Website for Bands, Teachers, Librarians, etc

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by awalker, Dec 9, 2008.

1. awalker

awalker Member

Today, a new website has been launched - Band-Net (http://www.band-net.co.uk).

The idea for this website came about as I heard about a similar program at work (which has absolutely nothing to do with music/bands!).

Basically, it is a way for band librarians, music teachers, venues, course organisers, etc to publish any news, announcements or requests to all subscribed users by simply sending an email.

For example, if you needed to borrow a 2nd Trombone part to Sleigh Ride urgently for your next concert, you simply put this in an email and send it to post@band-net.co.uk. This email will then be automatically processed and within 24 hours, all of the email addresses on the list will have received your message.

Users can then reply to the message which is then sent direct to the original poster.

The list is active, so feel free to sign-up.

What do people think about this idea? :confused:

2. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Initial thought I have is the question of copyright?

3. zak

zak Member

Copyright of what?????

I read the advert as it E-mails other subscribed users your request to borrow a missing part etc. No mention of photocopying or anything, or am I missing something?

Nothing to do with copyright about another person/band borrowing you an original bought part surely????

Cheers

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Without wishing to rain on your parade, we already have the brass band mailing list run by Nigel Horne (www.bandsman.co.uk) which has been around since 1995 and of course, tMp - these 2 probably cover as many people as you can get to on the net already.