New to the Cornet

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bassmike200, Jun 13, 2012.

1. bassmike200

bassmike200 New Member

I'm a guitarist & Bassist (or at least those are the instruments I've played longest), recently turned vocalist in a rock band, recently acquired a Cornet which I am attempting to play and looking out for any hints tips or opportunities which may crop up, I had the crazy idea of using my Cornet in a rock band but in order to do that I need to know how to play it, I figure once I have the rudiments my best bet would be to join a group and get some practice and experience that way, I would appreciate any hints or tips anyone may have & would be interested to see if there are any local groups I can join to get myself started.

Cheers

Mike.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    rock band
    hints tips
    best bet
    local groups
  3. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

Definitely join a brass band! It is more interesting than just following a tutor book, as there is a wider variety of music to play and you make new friends too! Also, I personally improved much quicker being in a group than practicing on my own at home. With new music comes sight reading, and that is a very valuable skill to have in music, as I am sure you know.

Also, I love your idea about combining cornet and rock! I am a fan of rock music and I am a cornet player so I think that could be interesting :)