New Threads?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by philkershaw, Sep 3, 2008.

1. philkershaw

philkershaw Member

Could you tell me why each time I try and start a new thread in the recruiting forum it just gets added to the previous old one?

I realise its all for the same band but If you start reading the thread from the begining it would put some people off joining the band as recruiting had only just began for a brand new band, but we are now up and running.

Or is there anyway of binning the old one so I can start a new thread?

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    brand new band
    New Threads
    recruiting forum
    people
    begining
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Did you read the Sticky at the top of the forum?

(I can understand your frustration in this particular instance - but if search you'll find that this question comes up a fair bit as does the justification for why it's done this way here)

4. Di

Di Active Member

As Keith has said, we do have a policy of keeping all recruitment posts relating one band within one thread. To help avoid confusion, I've added a note in the first post pointing readers to the latter posts for current vacanices.

5. philkershaw

philkershaw Member

OK thank you for your prompt response! I did have a search because I didn't think that I was the only one with the problem.

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

How about just deleting all but the current post? As the mods end up merging most recruitment threads anyway it shouldn't be too onerous a task.

7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

This has been extensively discussed among the moderators and the consensus is that the history of replies in the Recruitment area is of value to those who might be interested in joining that band. Also, in general, we don't delete posts that do not violate the Rules.

And, in fact, deleting all the posts except the "current" one would be quite a bit more work than what we are doing now. We actually don't have to merge threads in Recruitment all that often, because most of the people who use it know that they are supposed to continue in one thread.

8. philkershaw

philkershaw Member

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Go to "Your tools" and then down to "Thread display options": you will see the heading "Thread display mode", which gives you the option to display the most recent posts at the top.

For anyone who is uncertain whether there is already a Recruitment Thread for your band, click on "Search" on the navigation bar: if you select "Advanced Search" you can enter the name of the band, and search specifically within the Recruitment section. It may also throw up other threads where your band has been named, but any specific recruitment threads should be easy to spot.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Would that be "Advanced Search" then, Peter? ;)

11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well spotted, sir :oops:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    brand new band
    New Threads
    recruiting forum
    people
    begining