New Temporary MD at Nelson Brass Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Mrs Horn, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

Nelson Brass are pleased to announce the engagement of David Holland as temporary Musical Director.

MD of Haslingden and Helmshore Band and a good friend of Nelson, David's acquisition has been a welcome relief to the band who have already seen a noticeable improvement in the standard of playing and attendance at rehearsals.

The band have changed their rehearsal night from Tuesday to Monday to accommodate David and are looking forward to the forthcoming contesting season and would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his encouragement and support after what has been a difficult period in the band's history.

With David's wealth of knowledge and proven track record with H&H, the band are confident of obtaining a full complement of players before the next contesting season.

PS - The rehearsals are very entertaining too !!

The Committee
    Nelson Brass Band

2. Frontman

Frontman Member

I am personally, very pleased to hear the news not only regarding the help from David, who is a very good friend of mine and a very talented musician, but also with regards to the band. It is always hard to see a band suffer, not only through lack of players but also through lack of direction. Hopefully the corner is well and truly turned and I wish good luck to all at such a very friendly and welcoming band.