New Sop at the Co-op

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by MilnrowBand, Jul 11, 2011.

1. MilnrowBand

MilnrowBand New Member

The Co-operative Milnrow Band are pleased to announce the appointment of Jay Abbott to the Soprano Cornet seat.

Jay, who is 24, has just finished a Bachelor of Arts: Music (Hons) degree at Salford University under the tutorship of Mark Wilkinson and Stuart Lingard and joins us from the Hammonds Saltaire Band.

Band spokesperson, Jonny Shaw said: “We are very excited to see a player like Jay take the vacant seat; he is a great musician with a lot of potential.”

The soprano seat became vacant with the departure of Kenny Pain who has left the band to pursue his love of conducting. The band wishes him every success for the future and would like to express our thanks for his contribution to Milnrow during his time with the band.

When asked about his decision Kenny replied: “I have enjoyed my time with the band but now the time has come for me to hang up my mouthpiece and concentrate on developing my conducting skills. I wish the band all the very best in the future.”

Kenny has taken up the position of Musical Director with Dobcross Silver Band with immediate effect.

See the 4barsrest published press-release here.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Jay Abbott
    Kenny Pain
    Co-op The Co-operative Milnrow Band
    New Sop
    Soprano Cornet