New Solo Horn at Freckleton!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by AndyCat, Nov 24, 2006.

1. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Freckleton Band is delighted to announce the appointment of Ben Tubb to the Solo Horn position.

Ben has impressed the band and Paul Dalton, the bands MD, with his playing from the very first rehearsal, and appreciate that it’s only going to get better as he continues his studies with Leslie Howie at the RNCM. As an added benefit to both parties, the band will feature Ben’s compositions and arrangements, both as an outlet for his skills and a challenge to the bands repertoire. Currently studying composition and tenor horn at the Royal Northern, his composition tutor is the famed composer Paul Patterson.

The band thanks Rob Tomlinson, who has ably helped us out while we searched for a permanent player, and wish him well in his endeavours outside the banding world.

The band is looking forward to Ben’s first public appearance at the Scottish Open contest on the 26th of November at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall, a competition the Freckleton Band has supported since it’s instigation.

Andy Cattanach, Chairman
    Freckleton Band.
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Weayy, well done Ben. :clap:
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Congratulations Ben, a position well deserved. Go for it :tup
  4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Well done Bunny (knew you'd get it!) :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Give 'em hell on Sunday.
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

:woo go Ben! : clap:
  6. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wheeeey!!!! BENNYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thought you said you weren't as bouncy / lively as you used to be young lady...:wink:
  8. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Congrats Ben. Bet you wish I was still there don't you?!?! ;) I'm sure you'll have a great time with a great bunch of people. :clap:
  9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Yay well done Ben!!!!
  10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Grats Ben! ;)
  11. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Congratulations Ben - nice one.

12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Nice one matey :tup
  13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

well done Ben! :biggrin:
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

Who is this Ben Tubb you're all talking about? Never heard of him!

Seriously - congrats Ben!
  15. SteveT

SteveT Member

Ben is an asset to any band he plays for. He brings a great sense of fun and is a musician with excellent potential. His original writing is also an aspect I am sure "Freck" can capitalise on.

As a former MD of Freck I know the commintment the band has to making 1st class music. Paul, who is a Trombonist (so is obviously perfect) and the band will make him really welcome. Andy Cat is a great mentor too!

Best wishes to Ben from myself and all at Welwyn Garden City!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Congrats Ben...just be sure to always remember us little people as you go on to fame and fortune!
  17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You had a good debut today, bunnyboy! Thought the band would have been in the frame today as well! :cool:
  18. Shaz

Shaz New Member

Saved my first ever post to congratulate you Ben. Excellent news. Hope you are loving every minute at RNCM. Just remember who let you have you first Solo Horn seat!!!

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Awww, thanks guys, and Sharon! Wait for the Yiewsley Christmas meal... you can buy me a drink to celebrate :p
  20. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well done Ben, well deserved ( we'll get Ray to knock some holes in the doors for your ego at the xmas meal :) ).

Enjoy it and have fun!