New Signature David Childs Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by catto09, Jul 11, 2010.

1. catto09

catto09 Member

I recently was informed of a new mouthpiece being developed under the Alliance brand by David Childs. Has anyone heard anything about this?
  2. theweeprofessor

theweeprofessor New Member

Saw David on S4C last night great playing. He was playing on a strange mouthpiece looked awesome though. Anyone know more I want one.
  3. catto09

catto09 Member

I always seem to miss the banding programs on S4C. Whenever I look, it's always welsh parliament! Which is boring as...
  4. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

.......... the Scottish Parliament
  5. catto09

catto09 Member

Nah - more boring than the scottish. You can't understand the Welsh...
  6. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

..... says the Aberdonian :biggrin:

Aye,... says you, Paul !!!!+

8. Pyman71

Pyman71 Member

dave is currently using a DC4 alliance mouthpiece. its a solid looking thing with his initials engraved on the outer cup. the range currently comprises DC2 through to DC5 in silver and gold plate for around £60
  9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

What are they like? Closest to DW AL, DW SM, Ultra, etc.?
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Not a lot about cup shape and depth details though ...

DC2 = 26.40mm (cup diameter)
    DC3 = 26.00mm
    DC4 = 25.75mm
    DC5 = 25.50mm
  11. MoominDave

Thanks Tom. Looks like their sizing is slightly unconventional with regard to cup diameter - their 2,3,4,5 would more normally be labelled 3,4,4.5,5.
  12. cplcharisma

cplcharisma New Member

Will they produce two versions of these? One will need to look like a York and the other like a Besson. Or perhaps there will be one universal version that from a distance looks like both. ;-)
  13. catto09

catto09 Member

I don't see why?! Considering York don't exist anymore...
  14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

maybe we should warn people not to buy this mouthpiece just because it has the name "David Childs" on it, but to go to a shop and try it out first, before deciding to buy it...
  15. fsteers

fsteers Member

No different than the numbering used for the Alliance Steve Mead model.
  16. MoominDave

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or trombone-centric - I consider the Bach numbering style the industry standard.
  17. bariwizard

bariwizard Member

Aside from the links on this thread I can't find any info on these - are they just rebadged / relaunched alliance mp's now that smead has dicovered yet another "best ever" mp in the DW SMU series, or is it a new design?
  18. mclaugh

mclaugh Member

I'd have thought the answer would be obvious from the pic on the RogerWebster website linked above, but apparently not. :shock:
  19. bariwizard

bariwizard Member

Same internal dimensions as alliance, but more external mass? - hard to be certain from one admittedly nice pic. Maybe it's wrong to ask for any more detail in case the "magic" wears off.
    Still, it looks like a nice bit of free bling for inside the case with a new besson and I won't knock it til I've tried it. I won't be getting one (if they do small shank?)as I think there are more fundamental reasons I don't sound as good as D Childs!
  20. cplcharisma

cplcharisma New Member

Its rubbish mate. Rubbish. marketing for the 3rd section numpties to get their teeth into.

Just stick with your Wick or Bach. FFS!!!! :mad: