New Screen Style

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Steve Marcus, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

On the old screen, when one clicked on "New Posts," a menu appeared which offered the choice "New Posts (excluding Random)." How does one make that selection now?
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

It is under "Quicklinks"
  3. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

Thanks, Pat.

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

not for me...
    maybe the "new posts (excluding random)" button is not yet added to the new forum software?
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Just testing you all... just testing you all to see if you are on your toes... :biggrin:

Well spotted :clap:

I wasn't aware there is now a different way to deal with these additional links. If you are interested: weirdly, the main menu links are in a seperate file to the drop down menu lilnks!%?? weird eh! Took me a little while this morning to figure that one out but manage to get it sorted for you.
  6. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

On a similar subject, when I click on New Posts, both from QuickLinks and the menu pane on the main page, I get every single thread that I haven't read and I'm not interested in, as well as the normal, which are threads with new messages since I last logged on.
    Already, it's a bit of a pain to have to find the right page each time I log on because while this update may be great for ISDN/Broadband users, it's even more sluggish for dial-up users.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Stephen, John is currently working to resolve this, but for the time being are you using "clean" or "blue"? If you use "Clean" it will at least eliminate the "totally random" threads when you select "New Posts".
  8. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I'm fine with getting the totally random threads. I normally add something to the Tune Association thread if I can think of something to put!

The problem I have is when you click on "New Posts", the last seven out of the nine pages are:
    They're unread because I'm not interested in reading them!
  9. Di

Di Active Member

OK, so in this case, go to quick links and select "mark forums read". The short term problem with that is that it will remove all those that you still want to read, but these can be found again select "todays posts" under quick links. :)
  10. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Cheers Dinie :) That will help provided I remember to do that when I've finished looking at tMP each time!!