New resident MD at Grange Moor

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by 2ndslidedown, Apr 21, 2007.

1. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

New resident MD at Grange Moor

Principal Euphonium at Brighouse & Rastrick, Mike Howley is the new resident conductor at Grange Moor.

The Grange Moor Band would like to announce that it has secured the services of Brighouse & Rastrick's principal euphonium player, Mike Howley as their new resident conductor.

The band believes that Mike brings a wealth of experience as both a player and soloist having worked under some of the worlds top conductors.

Renewed optimism

Grange Moor is also looking to the future with renewed optimism following its bitter disappointment at not being able to compete at this years Yorkshire area contest due to a lack of players. Whilst the band still requires a couple of seats filling (see the recruitment corner) - they feel the appointment of this young and dynamic conductor is a massive step in the right direction.

The band would also like to publicly thank Kevin Wadsworth for all his help over the last few months.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Grange Moor Band
    Euphonium
    New
    services
    resident conductor
  3. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

Nice one! You have landed a good man there boys. Mike is a good lad and I'm sure he will be a huge success.

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Good luck to Mike and all the boys and girls down at Grange Moor, here's hoping it's the start of a long and successful association. :tup :clap:

5. zak

zak Member

Would just like to say good luck to Michael on his new appointment. I know that the band have a talented, musically aware person stood infront of them.

All the best to both Michael and band

Regards

Shaun

6. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Hope Grange Moor can get back on track now. Keeping the Yorkshire area the best in the country.

7. winterman

winterman Member

Ooh, hadn't noticed this had been posted (how very remiss of me - sorry Hannah!)

Would like to wish GM and Michael all the very best, I can see this being a very good partnership with plenty of excellent times to come!

Shame you don't need me to dep regularly anymore really :( but then again great news that you don't!! :D

Will have to bob over for rehearsal sometime and see the big guy in action!