New Resident MD Announced

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Wetherby Silver Band, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Wetherby Silver band are delighted to announce that from the 2nd of January we have secured the services of tMP’s own Garry Hallas as Musical Director. Garry will lead the band forward into 2009 with his infectious enthusiasm, determination and drive.

Garry is a long-time friend of the band and we feel fortunate that he could join us in the re-building of the band. Now in the Yorkshire 3rd section we are looking forward to a good year in contention at contests and still enjoying our active concert schedule.

Garry has said: “I’m delighted to have found time to work with such a great, friendly bunch of people and am looking forward to a busy and productive start to 2009”

Garry’s first engagement with the band will be the Preston Guild Hall contest on February 8th. Due to a potential clash of interests we are seeking a Professional Conductor to take us on the Area stage (March 7th), watch this space for an announcement.

Thank You,
    Wetherby Silver Band.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    FONT=Times New Roman
    Resident
    MD Announced
    services
  3. Oodle Bugler

Oodle Bugler Member

Great news, the Yorkshire Area top section is a hot date on the calendar but we musn't forget that 3rd and 4th Section bands are where a lot of the players involved in that "top" contest first started off and numbers of bands in those sections have dwindled over the years.

Good to see a 3rd Section band being able to be positive about competing and I wish you all success for 2009. Let's hope some of the "stars" of the future are within your ranks and you go from strength to strength!

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

To anyone considering the pro spot for the areas, you'll probably be surprised by the sound this lot can generate. I've helped out there a few times over this last year and they're a comitted and friendly bunch, with a good work ethic.

They might be a third section band on paper, but there's a lot more than that suggests in them and they've a deceptive amount of quality around the stand. (Particularly in the shape of top man Andy Yeomans.)

Good luck to Garry, and all at Wetherby.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Thanks for your Comments guys, And the well wishes i've had over PM and email.

Can I just say, I am still at the Emley and will be hopefully for a long time to come. Just one or two folk have taken the appointment to mean i'd left.

Looking forward to a good year with Wetherby, as Andy says a good bunch of folk with some real talent around the stand, I'm delighted to be joining the team there.

6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Congratulations Garry and best of luck with Wetherby - and Emley! You'll be a busy chap!!

David