New Releases from Tubb Publishing

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by HBB, Sep 13, 2004.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

Cornish Caprice
    Written for Kayleigh Rowe, IckySuga on tMP, this slow melody contest/concert piece is ideal for any corneter with a lovely sound. Written to visage the Cornish landscapes, this piece has everything, including a mini cadenza! £8 inc. p+p

Click here to listen.

Placidity
    A BBb Bass or Euphonium solo. Not too taxing, more about tone. Again, great for slow melody contests, or for an infill between concert items. - £7 inc. p+p

Click here to listen.

Coming Soon...
    • Sheep May Safely Graze
    • A Christmas Melody for Tenor Horn and Piano, for our very own Vickitorius
    • A 2nd section test piece with a familiar title.
    • Gymnopedie #1
    • Several Ensemble works, including: Carmen
    All Available Soon from Tubb Publishing

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    New Releases
    Cornish
    Gymnopedie #1
    Tubb Publishing
    Cornish Caprice
  3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Well done Ben, I must say i've visited your site quite a few times and I like your stuff!:tup

Keep up the good work mate :-D

....especially like the Concertino for Horn

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

You could buy something :p

Only Joshing.

Glad to see that you like my stuff. If anyone would like any thing arranged specifically for them please use the website, or e-mail me @ ben@tubbpublishing.com

Have just completed a work for Vickitorious. Now on the Site.

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

NEW TITLE AVAILABLE FOR CHRISTMAS

A CHRISTMAS COMMINGLE
    Newly Commissioned by Vickitorious (Vicki Reynolds of Hathern Band) this Christmas Medley arranged by me for Tenor Horn and Piano, is ideal for christmas concerts. With the band accompaniment being arranged as I write this, the piano accompaniment is great too.
    All this for just £9.00 inc. p+p.

Click here to listen.
    Click here to order.

6. barry toan

barry toan New Member

Ben, are you aware that by clicking on the 'listen' you can print out the music direct from that page?..... You're not going to make any money that way! And those of us with Sibelius can change your music!.... :-(

You've crammed a lot into that piece, its in a bad key for horns though (A major is notoriously bad, with all those out of tune E's, G#s, and As on the sov!) and will cause you probs when you have Bb instruments in the key of E! Bandsman dont like sharps!

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Just because we don't like them doesn't mean they're not good for us! :shock: And pardon my ignorance, but surely it is good for us to play in such keys so that we learn to listen and adjust our intonation accordingly?

Bunny - that's even more money you owe me...

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Cheers for your comments.

The A Major doesn't last for very long. Infact on the start page you can see it modulates to D :-D (although re-enters a little bit later) however not every hornist will play on a sov (Courtois's are much better in my opinion!)

Cheers for pointing out the saving/printing error, sily me!

Ben

p.s. Bb instruments would be in 2 sharp or 1 sharp ;) (Grade 5 theory?!)

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

As I suggested earlier, the band parts for

A CHRISTMAS COMMINGLE

are now available to view, hear and purchase.

Here's the direct link. (And no, you can't print or save now! :-D)

It's priced at £20.00 including postage and packing.

Order now if you want enough time to reherse it for a Christmas Concert.

Hopefully an MP3 will be on the site before Christmas.

Enjoy Browsing the site.

Ben

10. Di

Di Active Member

Nice work Ben and thanks very much.

Ladles and jellyspoons, I do recommend, if you're looking to commission a piece of music, that you contact Ben. I spoke to him late on Thursday evening, talking about the "possibility" of a Christmas medley. Immediately he's checking out what can and can't be done vis a vis copyright. By the time I spoke to him Friday afternoon, the piece was well underway and by Tuesday, "A Christmas Commingle" was in the post. Though the piece was originally commissioned for horn and piano, he's also worked the piece to horn and band.

A Christmas Commingle is the second piece written for Vickitorious by Ben, the first being Concertino for Horn. Both are pieces of quality work. :)

Again, well Done Ben and thanks very much.

11. tim

tim Member

Id just like to congratulate you for some fabulous music!!! In paticular the concertino for horn is quality music and the flugel solo end of the day.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    New Releases
    Cornish
    Gymnopedie #1
    Tubb Publishing
    Cornish Caprice
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Thanks!

There's a euph solo being written for Seed house as I type.

Watch this Space!

14. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Wow ben!

Just listened to the Cornish Caprice and the Concertino for Horn (first time i've listened to any of your pieces) and i think both are fantastic. The Horn one imparticular is a lovely piece to listen to. Have we had the world Premiere yet! If not, when and where?

Your a very talented young man!
    Keep up the good work!

:D

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I dunno, ask Vickitorius