New recording from Co-operative Funeralcare Band- Melodies from the Great Composers

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by johnflugel, Jun 11, 2013.

1. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Fundraisers for the Clarence Adoo Trust are delighted to announce that Melodies from the Great Composers will be the next recording undertaken in aid of this worthy cause.

The recording will be a collection of classical transcriptions and arrangements published by The Salvation Army and Co-operative Funeralcare Band (conducted by John Ward) will record the music in Glasgow on Saturday and Sunday 19/20 October.

Besson( Buffet Group Wind Instruments) is supporting the project again and two of its artists, Owen Farr (principal horn of Cory Band) and Dávur Juul Magnussen (principal trombone of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra will perform Concertino for Horn (Weber) and Concertino for Trombone (David) respectively. Other composers represented on the recording will include Purcell, Beethoven, Shostakovich, Elgar and Grieg.

Quotes from those part of the project:

Clarence Adoo:
    “I am thrilled at the combination of talented musicians put together for this project.”

Davur Magnussen:
    “I relish this opportunity to help out the Clarence Adoo Trust as it is a very good cause. I am very much looking forward to this recording, and will do my best to help make this the best one yet !!!”

Owen Farr:
    “I feel very humbled to be part of this project which will help to contribute to such a great cause as the Clarence Adoo trust."

John Ward:
    “This is the third recording I have been involved in for the trust and each time is an exciting experience: recording great music, with a great band and soloists. Clarence is an inspiration to so many and we want to help him in all he does.”

Those wanting to find out more about this project can do so by emailing
  2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Great news John and I hope the sessions went well. Perhaps a different selection of music than I anticipated but I have no doubt it will be a great listening experience and yet another great fundraiser for Clarence. All the best.