New Principal Cornet at WYFRS Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Trumpet Major, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hi All

After many fantastic offers from leading bands in the UK, I am happy to announce that I have joined The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service as Principal cornet.
    The hail of the brass band was tempting but the thought of settling back into a military/concert band setup was just too inviting.
    I would just like to say a huge THANKYOU to everyone who has contacted me and continues to contact me with regards to joining their bands.
    Through TMP I have managed to find some lost friends and band colleagues from yore.
    I don't aim to sign with any other bands but I may be available for deps.

Thanks again and best wishes

Louise Lingard-Snape

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    WYFRS Band Hi All
    The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
    UK
    band colleagues
    brass band
  3. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

4. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

I'm sure I speak for the whole band when I say that we've been waiting for a cornet player like Lou for quite some time now.

WELCOME!!!

5. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

New Principal

Good news for the band i hope the brass section will continue to grow. Although, the band did get support by 2 cornetists on a regular basis over the last year and a half..

6. Mr Malone

Mr Malone Member

May I take this opportunity, on behalf of The Band of West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, to officially welcome Louise Lingard-Snape to the Band, as Principal cornet. Louise, formerly solo cornet with the bands of The Women’s Royal Army Corps, Royal Logistic Corps and Kohima Band of The Princess of Wales Royal Regiment, brings a wealth of experience to the Band. The Band of West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service are extremely pleased to have acquired the services of Louise, and wish her every success with the Band.

Anthony Malone
    www.wyfrsband.com

7. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

good news

Thanks CornetKate :p