New Musical Director for Denton Brass

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by BIG Paul, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Denton Brass wish to announce the appointment of a new musical Director. He is Jonathan Paul Davies currently at the Royal Northern College of Music

Jonathan was born in Sheffield and started playing the organ at the age of 6. At 10 he took up the cornet with Woodhouse Prize Band in Sheffield and progressed to assistant principal with Chapeltown Silver Prize Band.

Following a long interest in conducting he took up the post of assistant musical director of Woodhouse Prize band, whilst still continuing to play with the band. In the summer of 2006 he acted as resident conductor of Chapeltown at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances within the band.

After completing his statutory education his passion for music lead to him to be offered a place at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester to study cornet under the guidance of Roger Webster.

His unique style as a conductor led to him being given the opportunity to attend a conducting seminar, directed by Richard Evans, providing him with a great experience for his future in conducting.

Jonathan has a wide range of musical interests and as a member of the Derbyshire County Youth Jazz Orchestra he toured Japan in 2005. On a number of occasions Jonathan has featured as a solo performer on the organ.

Jonathan is very excited by the new challenge facing him at Denton and hopes for a long and successful tenure as musical director of the band. He hopes to see them grow from strength to strength and develop further, particularly encouraging progress in the junior band.

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Great news Paul.
    Future looks good:tup

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I know Jonathan! He's ace... going to do wonders! Good luck bud! :)

4. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

good luck Jonathan! and good luck to every 1 in the band! hope to see you all soon!
    miss u all hehe
    vicky xxx

5. Frontman

Frontman Member

Congratulations

To Paul and all the members of the Denton Brass band.

I am so pleased that you have appointed a new M.D. and I hope that you now progress from strength to strength and put the misfortunes of the past well behind you. You all deserve to do well.

You are all very hard working and I must say that I enjoyed immensely the recent time we had together. Best wishes.

David W Ashworth
    M.D. BMP Europe Goodshaw Band

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  6. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

I wish all of Denton Good Luck... and Good luck to Jonathan lol not that he will need it Denton Brass is the friendliest group of people now how to have a good time in blackpool and now how to welcome a new or old face.... Miss you all so much guys!!! Good luck for the future and i will be down soon when you least expect it just to see how your all doing!! xXx

7. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

You've got yourselves a good one there.
    I was a member of Chapeltown band for several years and also helped out while Jonathan was conducting and I thought he did a marvellous job.

He is a really nice young lad with a lot of musicality in him.
    Good luck to Denton and Jonathan, and I will look forward to hearing how you get on
    :D :D :D