New Musical Director at Barnetby Silver Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by benjaminuk, Mar 15, 2009.

1. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

The senior band section of Barnetby Silver Band has recently acquired a new musical director. His name is Mark Unsworth, currently of EYMS (East Yorkshire Motor Services Band) and I must say how brill he is. Even after only 3 rehearsals I can see how good he is at bringing out the best in everyone.

A good chioce and a good future ahead for Barnetby Silver Band :clap:
  2. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Compared to who Benjamin?
  3. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

I would compare him really but our previous musical director was David Havercroft
  4. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

best of luck to everyone involved particularly Mark Unsworth... if you ever need any deps Mark...
  5. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

And your point is?

Good luck to both band and conductor, it seems increasingly hard for bands to find folk who want the job in the middle, I know of 4 or 5 bands in Yorkshire, either making do, or going from one dep to the next.

Here's to a stable future for Barnetby.
  7. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

A question, not a point. Calm down. Easy tigerrrrr!
  9. Columbo

Columbo Member

It is an extremely difficult and commitful job Ploughboy and I can only echo your sentiments. By the way, you still conducting Haworth Donna? I know your Signature says so, however I thought you'd left to concentrate on your playing?
  10. agentorange

agentorange Member

11. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

There was a rehearsal night clash between Howarth and Milnrow. I decided that Milnrow/playing takes preference for me. I felt it unfair to only give half the commitment of the rest of the sterling team that is steadily developing at Milnrow under the guidance of John Ward.
    It saddened me to have to leave Haworth because they were developing in leaps and bounds, but I'm sure they will progress without me Jason. They have regular full rehearsals, a mix of old and young players, experienced and good musicians and a very supportive committee.
    They understood that after my injury I was amazed that I recovered well enough to play at this level again and didn't want to give it up.
    An injury like that makes you realise that you should never take things for granted!!
  12. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'll echo that, if I can ever get a pass!
  13. Andrew Grady

Andrew Grady New Member

Mark's an old friend, he's a great guy with a wealth of banding experience, playing with Hessle RBL Band, Ever Ready as well as EYMS Band.

Good Choice!

Good Luck

Andy Grady

Welwyn Garden City Band
    (Ex Hessle RBL Band 1977 - 1988)
    (East Yorkshire Brass 1988 - 1990)
  14. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Nice one Mark and best of luck to the band - Dunno if I'll be dep-worthy for a while but all the best anyway!!!!
  15. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member