New music, but I've heard! that?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Phil De-Zoot, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Phil De-Zoot

Phil De-Zoot New Member

That arr that Fairey did at BIC last Nov, the "Spike Jones" arr of William Tell by Phil Lawrence, I think a concert version of that is just out with mostyn muisic; and also trombonist's, Phil Lawrence has done another wow-wierdo trio as off the wall as "It's Not Unusual", but I'm not sure what it is? One of Phil's mates form Fairey/Liverpool was telling a mate of mine at the RNCM last month that these were about to come out, but I fancy that crazy William Tell with tuned pots & pans :clap: & some of the band have to gargle (nowt new there). Any one know any more than that?
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry....what? :-?
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I think the arranger is advertising his wares! ;)
  4. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

Spike Jones and his musicians were absolutely brilliant.
    I don't know the arrangement mentioned but if you haven't heard William Tell by Spike
    Jones you are missing a brilliant version! His take on other classical pieces and old songs are funny but extremely well played, Cocktails for Two was used in a T.V. commercial not too long ago.
    If William Tell is done as per the original recording it would make a great addition to any brass band library and would be a great entertainment contest piece.
  5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Why post in the third person, Phil? :confused:
  6. Phil De-Zoot

Phil De-Zoot New Member

No relation, honest!
  7. Bungle

Bungle Member

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hehe Colin... you'd be suprised what we know here in tMP central. Mr Lawrence is not alone in posts such as this... ;)

Right clan of detectives we are :)